Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Just heard from Todd on the Dream...

Here's the information you asked about...

Western Caribbean:

Cozumel

Roatan

Eastern Caribbean :

1st Sea Day

St.Thomas

So, there you go. Chef's Table is the night of your making port in Cozumel and then Roatan.

Going East it's your first day a sea and then when you make port in St Thomas...

:)

Thanks tons Mach! I'm going to try for Cozumel since we are spending that day on our own and can get back in plenty of time. Now to get on the ship in time to get the res! lol

Thanks again :)

That water thing actually started a few years ago. When they first started it the waiter would bring the bottle and offer it without mention that it was an extra cost. My tablemate took the offer only to discover that there was a twelve dollar charge for the bottle.

Now, they make it much more clear that it's a purchase.

Personally, I find the standard water in the main dining room to be excellent.

Ditto on that. We never drink bottled water (except the most expensive bottles in the world that you HAVE to buy at airports AFTER the security checkpoint.) We bring those thermos cover cups and fill them from the dispenser on the Lido for excursions. Ours is "wide mouth" so ice and water, no problem. Have you ever seen the people doing that on a port day with a LONG line of people behind them with an opening the size of a soda bottle? They insist on filling it with ice that 90% is too big for the opening of the bottle, yet they hold up the line while they sift through ice in the trap and place the small pieces by hand one by one in the bottle.... there is one on every cruise......and they are always ahead of me in line:cool:

Host Mach, Bon Voyage is no longer selling liquor. Would you be so kind to ask Carnival why? I was more than happy to pay a 97-98% markup to not be a 'smuggler' and still would purcase soda cards for our family of 4 as well as DoDs and the occasional beer. Now I am thinking we'd be wiser to carry on soda and wine and give Carnival $0 in bar sales from our family.

I also plan on emailing Carnival about this. I had no issue with any other bannings but it's ridiculous to me that they are stopping this service especially when many cruisers are happy to pay the markup.

Host Mach, Bon Voyage is no longer selling liquor. Would you be so kind to ask Carnival why? I was more than happy to pay a 97-98% markup to not be a 'smuggler' and still would purcase soda cards for our family of 4 as well as DoDs and the occasional beer. Now I am thinking we'd be wiser to carry on soda and wine and give Carnival $0 in bar sales from our family.

I also plan on emailing Carnival about this. I had no issue with any other bannings but it's ridiculous to me that they are stopping this service especially when many cruisers are happy to pay the markup.

Hey Mach..........I'm sure you have heard that BV is no longer going to sell liquor by the bottle. inquiring minds are wondering what this is all about.............got any ideas?

I've already asked the question...

I'll post as soon as I hear from Carnival...

Depends on the day. We usually eat around 7:00.

I was really asking to see if there was some sort of break in the "Circle C" activity schedule?

More kiddos / families at the early seating normally. Have you thought about doing Your Time Dining?

Host Mach: Do you know if the scrapbooking classes have received better supplies? I had written to John H several months ago and he said that he would check into it as he had no idea that there were so many of us who enjoyed this. I had informed him that unless you bought one of the scrapbooking kits offered onboard, the supplies to make your own were minimal. Most of the 'host's' for the class had to supply what little they could get their hands on (which meant very little!). Also I was wondering... are we allowed to bring on our own supplies such as paper, glue/tape, embellishments, etc... and sell them (at cost) to other scrapbookers who are in need? I'm not talking a business here but the supplies can be quite expensive and giving them out to help other 'scrappers' just isn't an option. Scrapbooking can be very relaxing for many people and it truly bothers me to see so many leave the class because of lack of supplies... Thanks for any help you can give me!

Host Mach: Do you know if the scrapbooking classes have received better supplies? I had written to John H several months ago and he said that he would check into it as he had no idea that there were so many of us who enjoyed this. I had informed him that unless you bought one of the scrapbooking kits offered onboard, the supplies to make your own were minimal. Most of the 'host's' for the class had to supply what little they could get their hands on (which meant very little!). Also I was wondering... are we allowed to bring on our own supplies such as paper, glue/tape, embellishments, etc... and sell them (at cost) to other scrapbookers who are in need? I'm not talking a business here but the supplies can be quite expensive and giving them out to help other 'scrappers' just isn't an option. Scrapbooking can be very relaxing for many people and it truly bothers me to see so many leave the class because of lack of supplies... Thanks for any help you can give me!

I really don't know and probably should ask as my girlfriend is an avid scrap booker.

I'm fairly sure that if you ask if you can sell your supplies on board you'll be given a very sound no.

I really don't know and probably should ask as my girlfriend is an avid scrap booker.

I'm fairly sure that if you ask if you can sell your supplies on board you'll be given a very sound no.

Isn't it nice to answer a normal sane cruise question every now and then?

In regards to the Bon Voyage issue this is what is posted on the Carnival website boards:

Good Afternoon,

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Thank you!

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

Edit - ooops now I see someone already posted this on a different thread.

In regards to the Bon Voyage issue this is what is posted on the Carnival website boards:

Good Afternoon,

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Thank you!

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

I'm awaiting clarification to ensure that this includes both hard liquor and champagne, wine and beer.

Good Afternoon,

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers

That's one heluva big miscommunication! But I'm glad it's been cleared up. :D

Host Mach On the Liberty last week the lights on our balcony did not work. We mentioned this to the cabin steward and he siad they are controlled by the bridge.

This sounded odd as they havew always worked before so we went down to guest services and they said basically the same thing the lights are contolled by the bridge and they are conserving energy.

Do you know if this is a new policy or just a one time thing? I was very disappointed as I like to read late at night on the balcony.

Archived