Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Mach

No questions, just kudo's to you for doing all of this work for us! We really appreciate it and every cruise I go on, I learn something every cruise I go on.

I ride a scooter and am on oxygen and believe me, cruising is the ONLY way to go! I am a CCL lover, have tried other lines, but always go back to Carnival.

Keep up the good work and no, I'm not asking you or John for any favours (spelled incorrectly)

Hope to cruise with you someday, and the Conquest is also my favorite ship. Wait, it's the Ecstasy. Wait, it's the..... Oh heck, my favorite is whatever one I am on at the time...

Smooth seas

Peaches (Constant Cruiser)

I think this is one of "those" questions.

We will be taking our 3rd cruise on Carnival in August. This time we are bringing our 16 year old foster son. He has some disabilities (mental/psychological - not physical - appears to be a "normal" 16 year old to anyone who see's or talks to him). These disabilities will make it very difficult for him to stand in a long line for boarding the ship (the last cruise we took - 3 years ago - we were about 2 hours in line - fine for us, but not him).

Anyway - I contacted Carnival about going through the VIP line because of this. They said that we should just talk to someone when we arrive at the port and they will assist us.

This sounds nice - but I am worried about not having that on a ticket or something. Do you think bringing a copy of the email would be a good idea? Anyone ever had this issue?? Just don't want to get there and be told "too bad" when we have tried to ensure we have pre-planned to make this a great experience for him.

Get a letter from his docter/psychologist and contact carnival. they have a dept jsut to assist in special needs passengers. also try contacting john heald, he may have some suggesttions. we went thru this several years ago when we took my disabled mother on the glory. it was a breeze!

baf

Get a letter from his docter/psychologist and contact carnival. they have a dept jsut to assist in special needs passengers. also try contacting john heald, he may have some suggesttions. we went thru this several years ago when we took my disabled mother on the glory. it was a breeze!

baf

I do have documentation from his psychiatrist that I have told Carnival I can provide. I don't know who John Heald is or where to look for him? Is he on this site, with Carnival....??? Thanks for your suggestions.

Any suggestions as to the right time to show up to avoid the biggest crowd?? Earlier than Carnival suggest??:confused:

I do have documentation from his psychiatrist that I have told Carnival I can provide. I don't know who John Heald is or where to look for him? Is he on this site, with Carnival....??? Thanks for your suggestions.

Any suggestions as to the right time to show up to avoid the biggest crowd?? Earlier than Carnival suggest??:confused:

John Heald is Carnivals Senior CD. He has a blog johnhealdsblogdotcom. He will be leaving the Fantasy soon to go on vacation. I would call Carnival and talk to someone in their Care center to attempt to gain approval. Just going to the port and telling them you need VIP will probably NOT work!! Get something in writing to prove you are allowed VIP line status.

Host Mach,

I have noticed a trend lately and am wondering about it; it has been posted on the threads as well. It seems as though Carnival is getting away from having $5 blackjack tables - unless they're the "Fun 21" ones. On our Dream cruise last month, there were only 2 $5 BJ tables - one smoking and the other non-smoking. It was virtually impossible to get a seat at the non-smoking one, and the smoking one was crowded as well. The $10 tables sat empty quite a bit as people stood around hoping someone would get up from a $5 table and then finally leaving. It seems that full $5 tables would generate more revenue than empty $10 ones. People have posted that they've noticed NO $5 tables on their cruises. Do you have the definitive answer as to what the policy will be? This is one of the reasons we don't like RCI - no $5 BJ tables. If Carnival goes that way, too, well... I'd like to know because we're taking 3 Carnival cruises in the next 10 months!

Thanks, Mach!

Linda

Host Mach,

I've been reading John Heald's blog for a while now and can't figure out how to send him an email - I can see the "comments" section at the bottom of each day's entry, but don't see how to send him a question. Can you help me? Thanks!

Host Mach,

I've been reading John Heald's blog for a while now and can't figure out how to send him an email - I can see the "comments" section at the bottom of each day's entry, but don't see how to send him a question. Can you help me? Thanks!

Just enter a comment with "John please reply" at the top.

The moderator will remove it from the comment screenand queue it directly to John.

Just enter a comment with "John please reply" at the top.

The moderator will remove it from the comment screen and queue it directly to John.

They don't remove it, and I don't/can't understand why.

Then I read some of the questions, and still wonder......WHY???? I wish they'd move that crap to the end of the blog, so the intent and meat of the blog comes first.

"Dear John

Please reply...

I have a fart caught crooked. What should I do?

Signed,

CCL Lover"

Host Mach,

Could you possibly find out about the deck party and mexican buffet on the Legend lately. Apparantly, it's not been advertised in the Fun Times and nobody knew about it on the May cruises? It's one of my favorite activities and I just want to make sure it's going to be there in October!

Host Mach,

Could you possibly find out about the deck party and mexican buffet on the Legend lately. Apparantly, it's not been advertised in the Fun Times and nobody knew about it on the May cruises? It's one of my favorite activities and I just want to make sure it's going to be there in October!

I am just off the Legend. They had the deck party and Mexican buffet on Thursady.

Hello mach,

Have you heard anything about all the ships getting a comedy club i here the dream and glory have one.

We are just back from the glory and it was outstanding.

Wonder how you can find out. My pvp as of last week could not get the info but according to Jorge CD of the Glory it will be fleetwide by the end of the year.

Hoping it will be on the Liberty by October.

Archived