Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

My post was not a 'shot' at you, I was mentioning the absurdity of this

I actually have 3 I think ;)

Nope.. 3 warnings no points..

I don't even care to know what it means

Only 3?

I would have thought you would have had at least 10 just from July '07 alone!

I just got a message from posting a comment about some popcorn...I understand that it wasn’t on topic but have seen this response at least once a day and just thought I'd add it. Ok I get that it was a NO NO...my apologies...but what’s the point (1) mean?

I don't know anything about it.......sure would like to know

I agree...the admin said the popcorn comment was a nuisance posting...well whats this then?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1219593

IF I dare was to comment here about phil collins do I get another point??

When Host Mach shows back up, maybe he can shed some light on popcorn posts. Phil Collins has a bald head!:D

I just got a message from posting a comment about some popcorn...I understand that it wasn’t on topic but have seen this response at least once a day and just thought I'd add it. Ok I get that it was a NO NO...my apologies...but what’s the point (1) mean?

I got 2 warnings and I'm brand new - for things I don't even remember doing! No idea what they mean either. I guess time to CC surf to find out eh

Do you see any info about it on this board anywhere? :confused:

They seem to call the points "Guideline Reminders"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Guideline Reminders

From time to time we may sent you a Guideline Reminder which is specific to an issue we have had with one of your postings. This reminder is for you to review the board guidelines that you agreed to when you became a member. A Guideline Reminder is a permanent part of your member profile that only you can see. Repeated board violations and Guideline Reminders may permanently restrict your access to the message board.

When you’re issued a Guideline Reminder, an e mail is sent to the email address you used when you registered here at Cruise Critic. It is your responsibility to make sure your email address is current. If you don’t know whether you received a Guideline Reminder, you can check your User Profile or spam folder. Be sure and add community@cruisecritic.com to your email application as an address that you will accept emails from.

If you have a question about a Guideline Reminder that you’ve received, please write to community@cruisecritic.com

They seem to call the points "Guideline Reminders"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Guideline Reminders

From time to time we may sent you a Guideline Reminder which is specific to an issue we have had with one of your postings. This reminder is for you to review the board guidelines that you agreed to when you became a member. A Guideline Reminder is a permanent part of your member profile that only you can see. Repeated board violations and Guideline Reminders may permanently restrict your access to the message board.

When you’re issued a Guideline Reminder, an e mail is sent to the email address you used when you registered here at Cruise Critic. It is your responsibility to make sure your email address is current. If you don’t know whether you received a Guideline Reminder, you can check your User Profile or spam folder. Be sure and add community@cruisecritic.com to your email application as an address that you will accept emails from.

If you have a question about a Guideline Reminder that you’ve received, please write to community@cruisecritic.com

I read that but was more interested in learning about the "points" that NEVER expire....

Thank you for taking thetime to post that though! :)

I have heard of people being suspended or kicked off cc and guess they have reached whatever level of points get you in trouble.

Maybe they only tell you when you reach a predetermined level of points.

I think the idea is to not get any points at all then you won't have to worry about it. Usually on these things the first action is a temporary suspension. However, there are usually different points assigned for different infractions depending on severity, so some could instantly get you a suspension or even a permanent ban.

Again, the best thing to do would be to not get any points at all.

I think the idea is to not get any points at all then you won't have to worry about it. Usually on these things the first action is a temporary suspension. However, there are usually different points assigned for different infractions depending on severity, so some could instantly get you a suspension or even a permanent ban.

Again, the best thing to do would be to not get any points at all.

I just wish the point system was explained somewhere!

I meant for me, I got 2 warnings and neither seems to be an infraction. Sorry I should have pointed out to whom I was referring :)

I would send a note to that e-mail address and maybe they will explain it to you (don't know if they will or not).

Its not about agreeing or not agreeing...I just want to understand how it works since I got one.

There is no 'point system.' Violation of the guidelines may result in the deletion of a post of a note from one of the admin folks about the infraction.

Usually, the post is simply deleted but if it's an infraction of a well known guideline, like not posting contact information or recommendations for a TA or PVP, you may get a guideline reminder. Continued violation of the same guideline my result in a suspension of posting privileges for a period of time.

:)

If you have questions about the reason for the guideline reminder respond to the email. Hosts do not give reminders and generally do not ban members.

:)

Archived