Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

There is no 'point system.' Violation of the guidelines may result in the deletion of a post of a note from one of the admin folks about the infraction.

Usually, the post is simply deleted but if it's an infraction of a well known guideline, like not posting contact information or recommendations for a TA or PVP, you may get a guideline reminder. Continued violation of the same guideline my result in a suspension of posting privileges for a period of time.

:)

If you have questions about the reason for the guideline reminder respond to the email. Hosts do not give reminders and generally do not ban members.

Welcome back. Hope everything is good with you.

Stu

There is no 'point system.' Violation of the guidelines may result in the deletion of a post of a note from one of the admin folks about the infraction.

Usually, the post is simply deleted but if it's an infraction of a well known guideline, like not posting contact information or recommendations for a TA or PVP, you may get a guideline reminder. Continued violation of the same guideline my result in a suspension of posting privileges for a period of time.

If you have questions about the reason for the guideline reminder respond to the email. Hosts do not give reminders and generally do not ban members.

I can attest to the validity of Mach's response. I have been the proud (sometimes) recipient of guideline reminders. It's a painless reminder to behave.

Thank, Stu... Just some life change issues that I had to work through...

It'll all work out in the end...

It is so good to have you back to your normal "Mach self" again! It will take a while to work through things, but as you have said yourself, it will work out in the end. The "family" cares about you, and we'll give you your space when you need it, but don't be so quiet!

As has been stated, Welcome Back, Host Mach! I guess we can count on your catching up on your reading and answering the questions that were posed to you when you were gone, right? I'll be on the Freedom two weeks from now, and I'm hoping to know the answer to my question before then. I'm sure you have other things to do, but when you have a chance....Thanks in advance!

As has been stated, Welcome Back, Host Mach! I guess we can count on your catching up on your reading and answering the questions that were posed to you when you were gone, right? I'll be on the Freedom two weeks from now, and I'm hoping to know the answer to my question before then. I'm sure you have other things to do, but when you have a chance....Thanks in advance!

I looked back through a number of posts and found your question about Black Jack. I've asked about it and I'll post here as soon as I hear back.

Wow, that was quick - thanks. Actually there's another thread about the $5 BJ, and it looks like it varies by ship, so it's just tough to figure it out. I need to know before I go, though, so I know how much cash to bring - or decide whether that makes a difference. Thanks again; I'll be looking for your answer.

Here's one for you, Mach. Why is a post that was perfectly good for two months suddenly a nuisance? I tried to email "Admin", but the email address goes no where. I just find it curious that a post that has been standing for two months suddenly gets tagged because someone resurrected a zombie thread.

Here's one for you, Mach. Why is a post that was perfectly good for two months suddenly a nuisance? I tried to email "Admin", but the email address goes no where. I just find it curious that a post that has been standing for two months suddenly gets tagged because someone resurrected a zombie thread.

Don't know but it could be considered thread drift, off topic or a number of other situations.

You have to admit that lots of threads go way off the rails with chat rather than sticking to the thread topic...

Don't know but it could be considered thread drift, off topic or a number of other situations.

You have to admit that lots of threads go way off the rails with chat rather than sticking to the thread topic...

When has a thread on here with lots of responses not gone way off topic?

I'll admit that readily. But how many real-life conversations do you have that stick solely to one topic and one topic only? Who'd want to stick around a board what didn't have interesting people worth talking to?

I'll admit that readily. But how many real-life conversations do you have that stick solely to one topic and one topic only? Who'd want to stick around a board what didn't have interesting people worth talking to?

I don't know of any real life conversation that adhere to a single topic for any length of time at all but these threads aren't real life conversations.

With the exception of roll call threads this site is intended to be informational. When 90% of the posts in a thread titled 'Are inside cabins on the Fantasy too cold?' deal with coconut monkey heads or that Carnival won't allow you to bring a space heater on board the thread has been rendered useless to anyone else seeking an answer to the same question...

I don't know of any real life conversation that adhere to a single topic for any length of time at all but these threads aren't real life conversations.

With the exception of roll call threads this site is intended to be informational. When 90% of the posts in a thread titled 'Are inside cabins on the Fantasy too cold?' deal with coconut monkey heads or that Carnival won't allow you to bring a space heater on board the thread has been rendered useless to anyone else seeking an answer to the same question...

Thats true. That is why I could never do what you do as I am not the diplomat you are or have the patience you have.

Some of these threads are real life and to some posters even more so - Because reality is, CC is not making Monopoly money off the traffic.

I am beginning to believe that CC picks and chooses favorites amongst the posters- I have seen some very harsh postings especially towards newer people or those that would have the temerity to mock Carnival- and some of these threads go on for days- and some are never terminated.

CC needs to stand by their ground rules for all or none- and while CC may feel it's a privilege for those of us who post, they are not providing the service out of the goodness of their hearts- I am in Marketing- I know what the advertisers pay per for these flash ads-nothing is free -

The warnings for outside travel agents are completely legitimate- warnings for off topic posts, now that is not reality- people talk- threads go off on tangents but have a way of turning full circle and getting back to the topic at hand.

Not too much of a warm and "Fun" feeling here

Some of these threads are real life and to some posters even more so - Because reality is, CC is not making Monopoly money off the traffic.

I am beginning to believe that CC picks and chooses favorites amongst the posters- I have seen some very harsh postings especially towards newer people or those that would have the temerity to mock Carnival- and some of these threads go on for days- and some are never terminated.

CC needs to stand by their ground rules for all or none- and while CC may feel it's a privilege for those of us who post, they are not providing the service out of the goodness of their hearts- I am in Marketing- I know what the advertisers pay per for these flash ads-nothing is free -

The warnings for outside travel agents are completely legitimate- warnings for off topic posts, now that is not reality- people talk- threads go off on tangents but have a way of turning full circle and getting back to the topic at hand.

Not too much of a warm and "Fun" feeling here

I wish the threads would bring themselves back to the core idea but I seldom see it.

Regarding some threads remaining while others are poofed I think the reason is simple... they don't get reported. No one, not me, Randy, Terry or anyone has the time or ability to review every thread let alone every post. If you find a post or a thread objectionable or a violation of the guidelines report it and the problem will be addressed.

Because of the size and complexity of this site we have to rely on members to help us when things go awry.

Mach

Have been trying to get an answer from Carnival but have not and maybe your contacts could answer this.

We were on the Glory last month and loved their comedy club. Best entertainment we have ever seen on Carnival.

According to the comedy club manager and Jorge the comedy club is going fleet wide over the next six months.

When we booked our next cruise for Oct on Liberty asked our pvp about this and he checked and he could get no info at all about future plans for the comedy club except that the concept was working well.

Ran a thread on cc and nobody had any idea.

Do you think you could get more info on this?

BTW sent an inquiry to John about this about four weeks ago but forgot to put John please reply so do not think he is going to answer at this point.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Stu

Mach

Have been trying to get an answer from Carnival but have not and maybe your contacts could answer this.

We were on the Glory last month and loved their comedy club. Best entertainment we have ever seen on Carnival.

According to the comedy club manager and Jorge the comedy club is going fleet wide over the next six months.

When we booked our next cruise for Oct on Liberty asked our pvp about this and he checked and he could get no info at all about future plans for the comedy club except that the concept was working well.

Ran a thread on cc and nobody had any idea.

Do you think you could get more info on this?

BTW sent an inquiry to John about this about four weeks ago but forgot to put John please reply so do not think he is going to answer at this point.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Stu

I'll be glad to ask, Stu.

The last time I talked to the Director of OnBoard Programming (read entertainment...) he confirmed that the comedy club format was going fleet wide but didn't have any kind of schedule.

I'll check with him and post here.

Mach,

Do you know whether they have changed the Muster Drill procedures on the Conquest like they have on the Ecstacy--i.e. everyone gathers at an assigned location on the ship and then the crew takes each group to their life boat after demonstrating the life jacket procedure?

Mach,

Do you know whether they have changed the Muster Drill procedures on the Conquest like they have on the Ecstacy--i.e. everyone gathers at an assigned location on the ship and then the crew takes each group to their life boat after demonstrating the life jacket procedure?

Yep! The new safety briefing is now fleet wide. It's a great improvement over the old boat drill.

Yep! The new safety briefing is now fleet wide. It's a great improvement over the old boat drill.

Amen to that, when I had that thing on (life jacket) in 90 degrees heat, I felt like I was in traction.:confused:

Archived