Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Mach

Have been trying to get an answer from Carnival but have not and maybe your contacts could answer this.

We were on the Glory last month and loved their comedy club. Best entertainment we have ever seen on Carnival.

According to the comedy club manager and Jorge the comedy club is going fleet wide over the next six months.

When we booked our next cruise for Oct on Liberty asked our pvp about this and he checked and he could get no info at all about future plans for the comedy club except that the concept was working well.

Ran a thread on cc and nobody had any idea.

Do you think you could get more info on this?

BTW sent an inquiry to John about this about four weeks ago but forgot to put John please reply so do not think he is going to answer at this point.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Stu

Just heard from Carnival about this:

Hey Mach,

We’ve heard that the clubs have been well received and it’s nice to get confirmation from you. Right now we have clubs on the Dream, Glory, Pride, and Sensation. The latter two were added June 6 and are in the setup/testing phase. We’re still unsure if it is something that every ship will receive though and we are considering class and itinerary to be determining factors. The Liberty could see a club at some point in the future as we are comfortable with the class of vessel and itinerary and know how it would work there. If I get a green light, I’ll let you know.

Chris

:)

Hey Mach,

We’ve heard that the clubs have been well received and it’s nice to get confirmation from you. Right now we have clubs on the Dream, Glory, Pride, and Sensation. The latter two were added June 6 and are in the setup/testing phase. We’re still unsure if it is something that every ship will receive though and we are considering class and itinerary to be determining factors. The Liberty could see a club at some point in the future as we are comfortable with the class of vessel and itinerary and know how it would work there. If I get a green light, I’ll let you know.

Chris

Thanks Mach. You do have some great contacts.

Maybe I will get lucky and they will add it to the Liberty in the next few months.

stu

Originally Posted by Host Mach viewpost.gif

Hey Mach,

Thanks , Mach

Originally Posted by Host Mach viewpost.gif

Hey Mach,

Thanks , Mach

Glad to be able to help.

There is no 'point system.' Violation of the guidelines may result in the deletion of a post of a note from one of the admin folks about the infraction.

Usually, the post is simply deleted but if it's an infraction of a well known guideline, like not posting contact information or recommendations for a TA or PVP, you may get a guideline reminder. Continued violation of the same guideline my result in a suspension of posting privileges for a period of time.

If you have questions about the reason for the guideline reminder respond to the email. Hosts do not give reminders and generally do not ban members.

Mach, good to see back 'home'. Hoping all is good and you are OK. You don't have to tell me what it was, just wishing you my best.

Peaches

There is no 'point system.' Violation of the guidelines may result in the deletion of a post of a note from one of the admin folks about the infraction.

Usually, the post is simply deleted but if it's an infraction of a well known guideline, like not posting contact information or recommendations for a TA or PVP, you may get a guideline reminder. Continued violation of the same guideline my result in a suspension of posting privileges for a period of time.

If you have questions about the reason for the guideline reminder respond to the email. Hosts do not give reminders and generally do not ban members.

Mach,

Here is a picture showing I have 1 point and where my confusion has started from :)

DSC01201.jpg

Thanks for your response! :)

hey mach, why are some reply posts in threads showing up out of sequence?

example, somebody asks a question... within a few minutes, somebody quotes them and answers it... and the ANSWER, with question post quoted, appears before the QUESTION, in sequence of the thread?

lots of people have noted it, and have some interesting explanations, such as 'mind reading' or 'time warp'... but? :confused:

hey mach, why are some reply posts in threads showing up out of sequence?

example, somebody asks a question... within a few minutes, somebody quotes them and answers it... and the ANSWER, with question post quoted, appears before the QUESTION, in sequence of the thread?

lots of people have noted it, and have some interesting explanations, such as 'mind reading' or 'time warp'... but? :confused:

Not too long ago we changed from a Window's based OS for our servers to a Linux based OS.

It appears that the new OS is relying upon the locally based computer (your machine... my machine...) for the time stamp. If the time is incorrect on the local machine the sequence of the post will be incorrect when they show up on the board.

Hey Mach, Just currious why can't you request a table size when you select your dinning time? It is such a hassle doing it when you get on board and seems like it would save them so much time changing people around. We have been at a table for 4 the past 2 cruise and had to wait a night to get a larger table. We do not want our own table half the fun of the cruise is meeting new families and we have had great success with that.Thanks

Hey Mach, Just currious why can't you request a table size when you select your dinning time? It is such a hassle doing it when you get on board and seems like it would save them so much time changing people around. We have been at a table for 4 the past 2 cruise and had to wait a night to get a larger table. We do not want our own table half the fun of the cruise is meeting new families and we have had great success with that.Thanks

The answer is really simple... most people would request a table for two and there simply aren't enough to meet the demand.

It was for that exact reason that 'Your Time Dining' was begun on Carnival ships.

There has been some consideration given to adding a request for table size to the selection process but I fear it will take quite a while to implement.

In the meantime, do exactly what you mentioned... visit with the Maitre d' upon embark and make your request. I've heard from several Maitre d's that it's now easier for them to grant request than it previously was due to Your Time Dining eliminating much of the load.

Mach,

Here is a picture showing I have 1 point and where my confusion has started from :)

DSC01201.jpg

Thanks for your response! :)

I do think you are being ignored on this question. I have been watching because I was curious about the point thing. I mean I have read some of the rudest and nastiest things posted on this board that I can believe that some people must have pages and pages of these warnings. The response that there was "no point" system is clearly made questionable by the screen capture you posted.

I was curious because some people did respond and said that had a major temper outburst with questionable language that resulted in a warning but no "points". Yours seemed to be an off topic yawn post, which seems rather mild as I have seen 15-20 not so mundane yawn/popcorn posts that seem to go on for page after page. Did those people get points too??

The answer is really simple... most people would request a table for two and there simply aren't enough to meet the demand.

It was for that exact reason that 'Your Time Dining' was begun on Carnival ships.

There has been some consideration given to adding a request for table size to the selection process but I fear it will take quite a while to implement.

In the meantime, do exactly what you mentioned... visit with the Maitre d' upon embark and make your request. I've heard from several Maitre d's that it's now easier for them to grant request than it previously was due to Your Time Dining eliminating much of the load.

We are the opposite - we only want a table for two. We do not like anytime dining and like the more traditional dining with a table for two. Our first 3 cruises we were told that we could not have a table for two and we just boycotted the dining room, went to guest services and took off the dining gratuities because we weren't using the dining room. By the 4th cruise we told them upfront what our criteria was when we booked plus referenced the previous cruises and have had a table for two on every booking since then.

I do think you are being ignored on this question. I have been watching because I was curious about the point thing. I mean I have read some of the rudest and nastiest things posted on this board that I can believe that some people must have pages and pages of these warnings. The response that there was "no point" system is clearly made questionable by the screen capture you posted.

I was curious because some people did respond and said that had a major temper outburst with questionable language that resulted in a warning but no "points". Yours seemed to be an off topic yawn post, which seems rather mild as I have seen 15-20 not so mundane yawn/popcorn posts that seem to go on for page after page. Did those people get points too??

I answered the question. To the best of my knowledge there is not 'points' system.

I believe that's an artifact of the board menu system not something that's assigned by any moderator or admin person.

It's true that some folks get banned for what might seem to be less that massive infractions but generally the enforcement system is spot on....

Thats why I took the picture and posted it. There isnt a "point" system yet I have one...not sure how that works...the point was for saying I was going to grab some popcorn....something I see a few times a day...oh well....thanks for your help...:)

Thats why I took the picture and posted it. There isnt a "point" system yet I have one...not sure how that works...the point was for saying I was going to grab some popcorn....something I see a few times a day...oh well....thanks for your help...:)

I think they are pretend points.

Mach,

Do you know when Carnival will be releasing the rest of the itineraries for the Spirit? Hopefully it won't be like the Elation was last year and not have her itineraries released until September.

I really don't know but I'll be glad to ask...

I am not sure how to post this but figure other people seem interested so will post it here.

First a little backround.

I had asked Mach about when the comedy clubs would be going fleetwide as indicated by the manager of the Glory one.

Had asked this question of John some weeks ago but I did not ask for a John please reply and figured he had passed me by.

Than I asked Mach for his help.

Mach you had told me that they were not sure it was going fleetwide but two more are just now getting it and now they are considering it for the Liberty in the future.

Yesterday my letter was posted in John's blog (first letter) and in his answer did not mention or answer my question.

Being the pain that I am sent a follow up comment to John. This morning the following was posted.

Kim Harrison added a new comment to the post Magic...Sealed With A Kiss.

a321e2ee441bf190abe4e4d5347942cc?s=48&d=identiconKim Harrison said on Magic...Sealed With A Kiss

June 24, 2010 at 7:05 am

Carnival Comedy Club Starts on The Carnival Liberty in July! Hope to see you there!

Who is Kim Harrison? Great news if this is true as we are going on the Liberty in October and the comedy club is awesome!

Archived