Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Thanks Mach. I thought I knew the answer. Just wanted confirmation. We are in cat 8e and I am looking at the deck plans and there isn't much left. They put my friends who need a double in a quad and we need a triple and they aren't many of them left either. Right now we are in to be assigned status. My ta who travels with us told me not to worry about it. I have a little ocd planning for the cruise. Most of the time I am fine.

Dearest Mach first I must thank you for the time you invest in this thread and rendering accurate responses. I also appreciate your levelheaded honesty, that you may be a CCL cheerleader but not "in their pocket as a mouthpiece".

I was wondering if you could tell me where I could obtain printed information on the new Magic if not, perhaps the Dream. There is a group of us are looking at sailing her when she arrives in GLS.

Many thanks in advance,

Lori

Dearest Mach first I must thank you for the time you invest in this thread and rendering accurate responses. I also appreciate your levelheaded honesty, that you may be a CCL cheerleader but not "in their pocket as a mouthpiece".

I was wondering if you could tell me where I could obtain printed information on the new Magic if not, perhaps the Dream. There is a group of us are looking at sailing her when she arrives in GLS.

Many thanks in advance,

Lori

Hi, Lori and thanks for the kind words.

Carnival has a very limited number of print brochures still in existence but none of them, sadly, deal specifically with the ships. Here's a link to what's available:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/brochure.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_111

I'll be glad to email one of my friends at Carnival and see if there are any print flyers still available about the vessels. I'll get back here to let you know what I find out.

:)

My wife and her mother are booked in a balcony cabin for 3, on the Conquest. Final payment isn't due until later this month. All has been paid for the two of them on our card, just a deposit on his card for a brother who will probably cancel.

Wife got a nice price reduction today of $152 total including the Carnival insurance, for just the two of them. Now it says that $23 is due (for the brother who will cancel).

Question: Will wife and mother-in-law get an onboard credit when the brother cancels? Or will brother get a nice credit on his card instead?

Anyone know?

By the way, this was NOT an ES, but got the price reduction anyway, lowest price for senior guest plus get to the keep the cabin selected earlier. Not a bad deal, it seems to me.

My wife and her mother are booked in a balcony cabin for 3, on the Conquest. Final payment isn't due until later this month. All has been paid for the two of them on our card, just a deposit on his card for a brother who will probably cancel.

Wife got a nice price reduction today of $152 total including the Carnival insurance, for just the two of them. Now it says that $23 is due (for the brother who will cancel).

Question: Will wife and mother-in-law get an onboard credit when the brother cancels? Or will brother get a nice credit on his card instead?

Anyone know?

By the way, this was NOT an ES, but got the price reduction anyway, lowest price for senior guest plus get to the keep the cabin selected earlier. Not a bad deal, it seems to me.

If your brother cancels before final payment date his portion of the fare should be credited back to the credit card that was used.

"If your brother cancels before final payment date his portion of the fare should be credited back to the credit card that was used".

Wondering if he will get back more than he paid. He only paid his deposit, so the fare reduction should be listed as OBC when he cancels before final payment is due. Correct? Or, will he get back more than he paid and will then owe us money for the reduced price?

I'm thinking he couldn't get back more than he paid in, hopefully...

Thanks, waiting4acruise!

If your brother cancels before final payment date his portion of the fare should be credited back to the credit card that was used. Yesterday 08:41 PM

"If your brother cancels before final payment date his portion of the fare should be credited back to the credit card that was used".

Wondering if he will get back more than he paid. He only paid his deposit, so the fare reduction should be listed as OBC when he cancels before final payment is due. Correct? Or, will he get back more than he paid and will then owe us money for the reduced price?

I'm thinking he couldn't get back more than he paid in, hopefully...

Thanks, waiting4acruise!

If your brother cancels before final payment date his portion of the fare should be credited back to the credit card that was used. Yesterday 08:41 PM

Nope... he will only receive the amount that the deposit cost him. OBC from price reductions, etc. is not refundable in any way. It must be used on board the ship.

Wondering about one of those 3 wheel rickshaw things on the long pier in Cozumel, is it "tip only"? What is a reasonable tip?

Thanks!

I only used one once when my back was bothering me a bunch and that was several years ago. I recall giving the guy five bucks and he was quite happy!

Wondering about one of those 3 wheel rickshaw things on the long pier in Cozumel, is it "tip only"? What is a reasonable tip?

Thanks!

I only used one once when my back was bothering me a bunch and that was several years ago. I recall giving the guy five bucks and he was quite happy!

We used them on our last cruise in May. They asked for $2. We gave them $5. It was worth it to beat that walk in the heat.

Many thanks in advance,

Lori

Hi again, Lori.

I heard from my friends at Carnival and there aren't any brochures for the Magic and none will be printed. The few they had remaining for the Dream were outdated the day the ship sailed and have since been disposed of.

Sorry...

Do you know when reservations will be taken for the Magic? I wanna go! Soon!!!

I do know that it will be 18 months before I can go but being able to plan a trip helps.

elizabeth

I do know that it will be 18 months before I can go but being able to plan a trip helps.

elizabeth

They are taking rezzies now. I booked last week for Nov.14th 2011. Yeah, I'm anxious too! lol

Peaches

elizabeth

Here's the link to the Magic's flash page on Carnival. You can book from the 'itineraries' tab:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_magic/default.aspx?shipCode=MC

Question:

Aside from purchasing Carnival cruises for ourselves, we have also purchased 1 for my parents; 2 for wedding gifts for each of our sons; and 1 for a family who had a very ill daughter. We will also soon purchase 2 more Carnival cruises for our sons who each just completed graduate degrees.

Why can't these count towards "our" Platinum status (even though we didn't do the cruising, we did the paying)? :)

Question:

Aside from purchasing Carnival cruises for ourselves, we have also purchased 1 for my parents; 2 for wedding gifts for each of our sons; and 1 for a family who had a very ill daughter. We will also soon purchase 2 more Carnival cruises for our sons who each just completed graduate degrees.

Why can't these count towards "our" Platinum status (even though we didn't do the cruising, we did the paying)? :)

Sorry to say, it doen't. It's the person who's name is on the booking... not the person who purchased it...

What ever happened to the V.I.P. (Vacation Interchange Privileges) that used to let you enjoy VIP status on the other brands in Carnival's stable once you receive Platinum status? We checked on a cruise with Holland and they knew nothing about it. Right around the time we got Platinum status Carnival was advertising it but I haven't seen it since. There is a site that Carnival says explains it but all that site does is talks about the different lines in Carnival.

What ever happened to the V.I.P. (Vacation Interchange Privileges) that used to let you enjoy VIP status on the other brands in Carnival's stable once you receive Platinum status? We checked on a cruise with Holland and they knew nothing about it. Right around the time we got Platinum status Carnival was advertising it but I haven't seen it since. There is a site that Carnival says explains it but all that site does is talks about the different lines in Carnival.

To be honest, I don't know what happened to it.

I will check and post what I hear.

To be honest, I don't know what happened to it.

I will check and post what I hear.

Thanks for looking in to this. We would be cruising Europe on Costa or Princess if our Carnival Platinum was recognized, instead of waiting and booking the few Carnival cruises that stay briefly in Europe.

In a recent review of their Conquest cruise, the OP highlighted something we experienced also:

By this time, lines are beginning to get long. As mentioned, we are Platinum CCL members. I ask embarkation staff where to go for PLAT and was told that we still needed to stand in line up the ramp because PLAT only began at a certain point. To my disappointment, we get in the back of the line. No worries, we only wait for about 15 minutes and once reaching a certain point, we receive the VIP treatment we are accustomed to and proceed through security scanners with no problems. Honestly, I think this was just an embarkation supervisor showing her authority.

As the OP said, their wait wasn't that long, so it was really NBD - however, sometimes (as you know) the wait is significant - standing outside on the loading dock, in the sun/wind/FOG, etc.

Is this typical protocol for the Galveston pier agents handling of VIP's, or is it more the physical layout of the facility that prevents a true VIP line?

Maybe, with the pier modifications for the Magic, some consideration can be made.

Thanks for your input.

Ken

Archived