New Elie Perk

freetocruise

Elite line at the Pursers, a little over the top I think. Next thing then will be: Elite reserved seating in Princess Theatre and wait for it...Elite Dunnies (Toilets !) LOL

Don't laugh, RCL has reserved seating in the main theatre for their top level.

I was on the Crown this past week and used the Elite/Suite line on disembarkation day to correct a minor error on my bill. There were about five people on the regular line and no one on the Elite/Suite line when I approached the Purser's Desk. I stood on the Elite/Suite line and was called by the next available purser. You should have seen the nasty looks I got from the five people who were on the regular line.

I’m surprised the Cruise Line would institute a perk like this. It seems like it might create a hassle for the staff by annoying those passengers waiting for service on the regular line. From a management point of view I don’t think it is worth the trouble. As a suite passenger I liked it very much :D

Just got off of Star Princess on Dec 8 and the separate line benefit had not been rolled out.

This was our 14th Princess cruise, so we couldn't have used it, but I got several interim printouts of the accounts to confirms some transactions and OBC's. Their system has started showing cancelled excursions, not as a credit for the cancelled amount, but by simply deleting the original excursion entry. This made determining whether they had actually cancelled a booking somewhat difficult, and I would recommend getting an account printout early in the cruise. having a separate line for getting those kind of quick transactions would be beneficial.

I'm currently on the Sapphire and the Suite/Elite line is set up. The line works great!!!

Funny one mentions stink eye, I'm platinum (will be Elite after this cruise) and in a full suite this trip. There was one lady behind me in the line who literally yelled at me, telling me to get out of the line (talking about high strung). I made a small effort to explain i was in a full suite, but it really wasn't worth the energy.

The things people worry about.

Seems like there is always (at least) one on every ship.

We just returned from a cruise on Sapphire and the Elite/Suite line is in place.

There was also a location where you could swipe your cruise card and get an updated printout of your onboard account (Actually the Christmas decorations table was in the way but the printer was in reach)

We just returned from a cruise on Sapphire and the Elite/Suite line is in place.

There was also a location where you could swipe your cruise card and get an updated printout of your onboard account (Actually the Christmas decorations table was in the way but the printer was in reach)

Being able to print your statemnt will be a big help and go a long ways to reduce the lines for other things.

Brilliant!!!

I bet this will save most of the long lines. If there is no problem with your printout you are on your way and no need to talk to the purser!

Thinking a little more about this, wouldn't it be even better if you could access your cabin account transactions on the TV in your stateroom as at larger hotel chains. That way people would only come to the pursers desk to query a discrepancy:) Or maybe it's $$$ tactical from Princess because they want us to forget how much we are spending :confused:

Thinking a little more about this, wouldn't it be even better if you could access your cabin account transactions on the TV in your stateroom as at larger hotel chains. That way people would only come to the pursers desk to query a discrepancy:) Or maybe it's $$$ tactical from Princess because they want us to forget how much we are spending :confused:

There are some cruise lines that do have this access on your stateroom TV, but not on Princess. The ones we have sailed on that offered it, it didn't work have the time anyway, so it was really a wasted expensive and effort for the cruise line.

Mini bar set up is only a mouthful - I need buckets;)

That would go nice with a cigar ashtray on the balcony.

Regarding the new perk, it does sound nice but really the times we ever needed to visit the Purser's desk there wasn't much of a line probably because we pick our times.

I was on Carnival Spirit in 2005 and you get your shipboard account up on the TV and dinner menus ! Don't know why Princess ships cannot have the same, all Carnival Corp.

So after the Elite Pursers line, will there be Elite Buffet lines, that would be great.LOL

I was on Carnival Spirit in 2005 and you get your shipboard account up on the TV and dinner menus ! Don't know why Princess ships cannot have the same, all Carnival Corp.

So after the Elite Pursers line, will there be Elite Buffet lines, that would be great.LOL

Yes in the buffet, but if you're Elite and you get your own special HC line, you must then revert back to using plastic cutlery utensils. The highly treasured "Made in China" metal Princess cutlery will only be available for the new perks level (yet to be implemented) the Super Elite. :eek:

Ciao for now!!!

And what about the ELITE LAUNDROMAT for those wanting to 'do' their own laundry rather than fill up the Complimentary laundry bags. Would there be 'Laundry Rage' in the Elite laundromat? probably ! LOL

We could go on and on with new Elite perks, how about an Elite Medical Centre on board? No waiting and full restaurant service 24/7 to your sick bed ! LOL

Archived