Booking excursions through the Boat?

RN1986

Can somebody please explain. If I book a excursion prior to leaving it it charged to my Visa ?? When can I cancel and does my Visa then get reversed?

I'de like the answer also.

I booked my excursions and now I think I want to cancel one of them. I think I want to wonder aimlessly with no real plan in freeport. I want to do some shopping and stuff like that. Any suggestions?

If you book ahead of time, the charge of the excursion immediately charges to your credit card. You can cancel up to a certain number of days before sailing - a week or so? I'm not sure the exact number of days. It would then refund to your credit card.

You can also book onboard and have it added to your sail & sign card but you do run the risk of the excursion possibly being sold out. I also noticed on my last cruise that excursions booked onboard were $5 or $10 more expensive than if you had pre-booked them online.

If you book ahead of time, the charge of the excursion immediately charges to your credit card. You can cancel up to a certain number of days before sailing - a week or so? I'm not sure the exact number of days. It would then refund to your credit card.

You can also book onboard and have it added to your sail & sign card but you do run the risk of the excursion possibly being sold out. I also noticed on my last cruise that excursions booked onboard were $5 or $10 more expensive than if you had pre-booked them online.

I also noticed this. The excursions were more expensive if you wait to book onboard.

They will refund your credit card right after you cancel the excursion. I have changed my mind before and this was done very effiiciently.

Can you cancel your excursion once on the boat? What is the time frame to cancel?

There maybe a charge you cancel on the ship. I have heard that some cancel while on the ship and no charge but they were canceling due to not feeling well and couldn't go on the excursion. I would guess it is up to the excursion desk if they wanted to impose a charge for cancelling.

You must cancel within 24 hrs PRIOR if on the ship to receive credit.

My wife did get sick 1 time and they did provide credit for her excursion for last minute cancellation but not for mine. That was fine by me, I knew the rules and felt it was fair and decent of them to credit her excursion.

Archived