Had our first cruise w/kiddos and it was WONDERFUL!

MamaParrotHead

Camp Carnival lived up to my expectations, the kids LOVED it and begged to go at every opportunity. Excursions were great. The kids were ANGELS, even with the hectic pace and are now as enthusiastic about cruising as DH and I are. It really wasn't any more or less hectic with them than without them, and I now have a better handle on what to pack and what to leave home.

Looking forward to booking our next one, as are the kids!

I just wanted to pop in and mention that, and thank everyone here for their insight and assistance.

14 months til our next one! :D

Cozumel we did a Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab. Belize we did Coral Breezes (this was a total flop, but Mark is working with us to make it right). Roatan we did Tabayana (my favorite stop all week long). Grand Cayman we just cabbed it to 7 Mile Beach (nothing spectacular but the kids had fun there wave jumping).

We had originally planned the RRR tour through Nativeway, but by Day 5 of the trip, everyone was exhausted (especially the kids) and I wanted to let them just have a day to mess around so we switched to Plan B. Rum Point was a much nicer beach (we went there last time), but 7 Mile did the trick for us that day.

We attempted the Bannister/Snorkel/Manatee excursion. Let's just say that you need to ASK what the visibility conditions are and what the wave situation is before you pay and go. You also need to ask about SNORKEL vests for your kids, if they're going snorkeling, because my 6 year old had to make due with an adult life jacket twisted around his waist. :eek: It was a DISASTER, but I wouldn't discourage you from taking the tour. I let Mark know about all the little crappy details and he assured me the parties involved were going to catch hell. If anything, they may be more at the top of their game for your arrival as a result.

Mark at Coral Breeze is really nice and professional and kind. The problem lies (or CAN lie) with Hammerhead and their crew.

My kids are 6 and 10, and we also had along my nephew who's 4 and a friend's DD who is 15.

So glad to hear you had an amazing time with your family! I'm taking my kids on their first cruise in 25 days!!! (unlikely that DH will go due to work circumstances... please keep your fingers crossed that things change for him) I find it refreshing to read the positive stories when taking kids on cruises. :) My DD will turn 10 on the ship, the other is 6, and my DS will be 14 months. Wish me luck! :)

Archived