Your favorite Celebrity waiter

GeorgeL

We had a waiter on the Century in 2004 named Marius from Romania. I do not remember his last name but he was an exceptional waiter. He had an assistant waiter named Germain and the two of them were fantastic. They are the measuring stick I still use when comparing wait staff. Not sure where they went and I wish I had gotten their last names.

On my equinox cruise, Nelson was wonderful! Our table was 320 on the 3rd deck. His assistant waiter was Yovani, also great. At the end of our first night, Nelson went around the table asking what we'd like to be called - name, nick-name, whatever. He remembered our names (10 of us) immediately. That made the evenings better. I don't remember being called by name on my other cruises.

Monica

• Like 1

Elston,Head Waiter

Alan,Ass't Maitre D

Randy,Ass"t Waiter

My wife and I were on the 9/19/09 Connie cruise to Canada and New England.The above have to be the best combo in all the cruises that we have been on on.This cruise was our 31ST Celebrity Cruise.

A few come to mind for me as well......Adrian, from Romania was

my waiter on Mercury and I just saw him on Equinox. He has been

promoted to Asst' Maitr'd.:)

One of my favorites no longer works on the line....Milan from Bosnia.

When I was on Mercury in Sept I met another couple who also spoke

about him.:D He was my waiter twice on Zenith and again on Mercury.

And I ran into another waiter from Bali on Equinox...his name is

Miniarta but we were told to call him "Mini":D...he was my waiter

on Galaxy back in January and after the ship left the fleet he was

transferred to Equinox. His smile can light up a room:) and it was

such fun seeing him again!

Lots of wonderful wait staff:)

Without question, Imade on Century was the BEST waiter we have ever had. I hope maybe he is on Equinox when we sail in February. If not, I hope he has at least been promoted to Asst' Maitr'd on Century or other ship. Mazy was the best Asst' Maitr'd we've ever had, on Infinity.

There was a lady in Constellation's specialty restaurant 2 years ago--I don't recall her name, but she was from a Scandinavian country. On that sailing she told us she was about to move to a specialty in another M-Class ship. She had the voice of an angel--I really would've paid the cover charge just to listen to her talk about the menu.

There are a few that come to mind, but I think that Gede, from Bali, took care of us the best! He was on Constellation in November 2008.

Bill

I have heard that name mentioned a few times before in some Celebrity threads. He must indeed be very good to be mentioned so often. I am pretty sure that there are people from Celebrity who read posts on this board so I am hoping that perhaps they will read this and some of these deserving workers will get a nice promotion. They certainly deserve it.

I have heard that name mentioned a few times before in some Celebrity threads. He must indeed be very good to be mentioned so often. I am pretty sure that there are people from Celebrity who read posts on this board so I am hoping that perhaps they will read this and some of these deserving workers will get a nice promotion. They certainly deserve it.

George,:) those promotions? Rather than anything coming from this

site it is best to give kudos to those folks while on your cruise....:D

George,:) those promotions? Rather than anything coming from this

site it is best to give kudos to those folks while on your cruise....:D

I always do, making sure that Celebrity is aware of any exceptional service. I also try to mention these wonderful workers by name to their superiors while still on my cruise. They certainly deserve all the kudos so it definitely doesn't hurt to have another venue to showcase those who deserve it.

Edited by GeorgeL

I always do, making sure that Celebrity is aware of any exceptional service. I also try to mention these wonderful workers by name to their superiors while still on my cruise. They certainly deserve all the kudos so it definitely doesn't hurt to have another venue to showcase those who deserve it.

Oh, I agree:)

I can think of a few:

Seri from Turkey on the Galaxy years back.

Juan Barbano from Uruguay

Michael from India (Millie)

Singh from India

Polat from Turkey

Hope some of this great waiters are still with the company.

I would also place Juan Barbano at the top of the list. Had him on the Solstice last year. Recently heard that he has left the company.