Your favorite Celebrity waiter

GeorgeL

The more I read the posts, the more it has become obvious to me that in many cases the waiters on cruises tend to become much more than just someone who delivers the food. Many passengers and their waiters seem to form a very special bond/friendship that transcends the here and now of the cruise experience. What a lovely benefit of cruising...

I have had many wonderful waiters on Celebrity, but my vote has to be for Krassimir from Bulgaria. He was in Blu on Solstice in November, but I think he was promoted to a supervisory position in the Spa Cafe. If anyone sees him there (or elsewhere on Solstice), please send my regards... he was truly amazing and has probably spoiled me for every waiter to come.

GeorgeL, I totally agree with you... the waiter has a great deal to do with the quality of the cruise experience and a positive bond (which in my experience is usually the case), makes the cruise that much more enjoyable. A sense of humor is also greatly appreciated and we've been fortunate to have many waiters who laughed and joked with us every night.

Linda

Sweet eyes Bernardo from Slovenia. Lovely singing voice and special person..

Bernado is special.

He happened to fancy my wife and everytime she came off the elevator to go to the buffet she would get serenaded by Bernardo. He greated folks at lunch time out the buffet restaurant and at times my wife got a bit embarassed but enjoyed the attention.

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise, but hard for me to imagine a better waiter than the one I had. Sweetish on the Century - he was amazing. It took me a couple days on the name, it sounds like "Swedish" and he is from India.

Edited by tink360

• 2 weeks later...
Alexio in Blu on Equinox gets my vote

Just returned from Equinox and found all waiters in Blu to be excellent, but Alexio was exceptional. He is a talented , kind young man who is on his way up. I will seek him out on future cruises.

and can't recommend Tony (from Goa) and his assistant Diego aka Diablo (from Cali, Colombia) too highly. Also our caring Asst. Maitre d' Arif and a sweet sommelier, Vicente from Cuzco. These guys made a rocky ship experience very special.

We had a waiter on the Century in 2004 named Marius from Romania. I do not remember his last name but he was an exceptional waiter. He had an assistant waiter named Germain and the two of them were fantastic. They are the measuring stick I still use when comparing wait staff. Not sure where they went and I wish I had gotten their last names.

We have had the pleasure and good fortune to be served on several sailings by Marius on Constellation. I believe he requested a transfer recently because of being stiffed too often by passengers in Europe where Constellation frequently sails. We recently had another great waiter, Sandu, for 6 weeks. Fantastic guy who will move on to Eclipse.

The amazing thing is that so many posters have had a positive experience onboard Celeberity ships. If ever you have a negative experience, make sure you inform your assistant maitre D' early in the voyage. Celebrity prides itself in its training program and the waiters should be instructing other departments in how to deal with difficult situations.

Are you thinking of Paccheco from the Phiilippines - no hair chubby face?

If you are, he moved from Celebrity to Azamara. We met up with him again on Quest in August. His section of the dining room was like a "set table area" all guests who asked to be sat in his area each night. He is so efficient and very much from the old school. He has all the younger waiters running around to his standards!

The bad news is he is retiring next year - he has done over 20 years with pre X etc and is going back to help his wife run their water purification business in the Phillipines.

However his younger son who is going to use the name Pachecko Jnr on board is due to join X in the New Year

That sounds like him... too bad we probably won't get to see him again. Hopefully his son follows in his footsteps... I'll have to see if I'm lucky enough to find him on board the Millennium this March.

I see our waiter from the Millennium last month has already been mentioned - Wilmar from "South Philly" (Philippines). He is engaged to his assistant, a lovely lady named Beneliza. If you were on this ship, you may remember him as the singing waterboy in the buffet on port days.

He's been with Celebrity 9 years, his fiance is only on her first tour. They hope to open a restaurant in the Philippines someday, and if he emails me details, I promised to go visit them.

I see our waiter from the Millennium last month has already been mentioned - Wilmar from "South Philly" (Philippines). He is engaged to his assistant, a lovely lady named Beneliza. If you were on this ship, you may remember him as the singing waterboy in the buffet on port days.

He's been with Celebrity 9 years, his fiance is only on her first tour. They hope to open a restaurant in the Philippines someday, and if he emails me details, I promised to go visit them.

HAHA we had Wilmar on Millenium in Summer 2009 and he told our table that he had a wife and four kids back home in the Philippines. I don't know why I remember this, but he was wearing a wedding ring. Regardless, he was very charming and took care of our every need - all while keeping us so delightfully entertained. Did he do his running joke of the cruise being his "family business"? Looks like the most amazing waiter at Celebrity is also an exceptional ladies man. :p

He is engaged to his assistant, a lovely lady named Beneliza. If you were on this ship, you may remember him as the singing waterboy in the buffet on port days.

It looks like he is engaged in something more than singing on port days...:)

Edited by GeorgeL