Conquest & Voyager Fogged-In in Galveston!

bobstack

Fellow Cruisers:

We are still tied to the pier here in Galveston at 2:10 pm on Monday. The captain came over the PA at 1:30 pm, and said that things are clearing up. Howerver, we have to get clearances, including from the Pilot Station, before we can cast off lines. I do see lots of activity on the Galveston Cruise Web Cam on the Starboard side (we are on the aft, and cannot see the starboard side).

We just enjoyed our room service lunch, and are looking through the balcony window at our cruiser friends on Voyager. We'll report updates soon, including when Conquest is in motion (you cruisers on Vogage should not be far behind!).

In the mean time, we have good views, and the proper expectations, consistent with Advent time. We are waiting, and that is good. More later.

Oh, my wife just reported the fog is rolling back in. Remember: we have to get visibility not only at the pier, but also at the Pilot Station at the channel's entrance into the Gulf. OK, we are hoping for anything that puts us in motion! More, again, later. Thanks for all of your good wishes for the people and crew on both ships!

Bob and Donna from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Carnival Conquest, Galveston Pier, Galveston, TX

Bob and Donna!!

good to see you post!! several months ago i lost everything on my computer.... i mean everything... hope you have a great cruise!! amy and I wish to send you a very merry christmas and hope you have a blast and will be on your way soon!!! oldmedic

CC Board members:

Carnival Conquest is in motion! Thank you, God, for all good gifts!

Keep watching, our vacations have just begun. All give thanks to God.

Carnival Conquest, Leaving the Galveston Pier, 2:22 pm

Dang! I've been watching this for an hour or so... Had to run upstairs (at work) for a couple minutes, come back and she's gone!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful cruise! ;)

Mike

I KNOW the Feeling!!:mad:

been watching all morning, even had to go run errands 3 different stops.

Came home found it still there, and I was feeling really bad,

wondering if there were gonna be a full 24 hours late leaving,

read and replied to another thread and the blasted boat is Gone!!:eek:

But I am happy they are now on their way;)

I only have an iPhone for the webcams right now, but in the pictures the fog looks pretty bad. Since Voyager still has to turn around, it's a lot more difficult and slower to get her out. I'm not sure she's leaving right behind the Conquest today.

Fellow Cruisers:

We are cruising east and north through the Galveston ship channel, but I can tell you, the visibility is very limited...not even 1/8th mile. We cannot see Pelican Island on the Port Side, from our aft balcony. I hope we and our cruisers on Voyager make it into the Gulf without incident. We are prepared for anything. There goes the ship's horn again. I'll keep you updated. Thanks, everyone, for all of your support and stories. We will cruise with you one day!

Carnival Conquest, from the Galveston Ship Channel, 2:41 pm

Fellow Cruisers:

We have cruised past Seawolf Park (barely visible through the fog), and have been right rudder now for some time. We must be on the east end of Galveston Island. There's no land-landmarks, though, through this fog. My Sprint Aircard will be out of range soon.

Again, thank you, fellow cruisers for all of your support. I'll have the more normal updates as our cruise proceeds. Keep our friends on Voyager in your thoughts and prayers for a good cruise. The fog is much worse now than when I posted before 2 pm. Godspeed Conquest and Voyager!

Carnival Conquest, About to enter the Gulf of Mexico, 2:52 pm

Archived