How long to tender of the Grand Princess?

Debbb1

I really want to book a tour with Captain Bryan(I love to go on the Catamaran),but you have to meet at his office at 12:45. The Pricess doesn't get get there till 12pm. I've heard those that book through the cruise lines get off first. Has anyone been on the Grand,can the whole ship get off in 45 minutes?????

I'm thinking I should book with Captain Marvin since his tour leaves later but I'd really like to book with Captain Bryan.

Can I get there in time...anyone know????

Thanks for your help,

~Deb

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly no, I don't think you will make it. If I remember right the Grand is about 2500 passengers. We docked at 10:00 am Central time, or 11:00 Eastern time on the Grandeur of the Seas with 2300 passengers aboard - we didn't make it to Capt Bryan's for our tour until 12:45 Eastern time, and we missed it. (we were supposed to be there for 12:15). The first tender (one of the large ones the port has) took at least 1/2 hr. just to load - and since we were independent we were lucky to get on to it - my husband walks with a cane him and I were waved on ahead on to the first tender, but the rest of our party was not so lucky. Some were on tender 14 (arrived about 12:30 Eastern time at the pier), while the last two were on tender 16, they arrived about 1:00 Eastern time.

The office is 10 min away from the dock.

Hi Barb

After writing to all the tour groups,and changing my mind several times, I have booked with Nativeway.

They told me I could check in as late as 1:15....that is the latest check-in of all the tour groups I wrote too. Also they did not request my charge card number(We can pay on the boat).They said they would reserve my spots for the Stingray and coral reef snorkel. I wrote back to reconfirm. I got emails got back from them with-in 12 hours!!!!

Also the tour is $30 for 2 1/2 hours.They will also drop you off at the beach after the tour and you can then take a cab back to town (about a 15 min ride is what the tour group told me).

I believe the website is http://www.nativewaysports.com

Are you on the Feb 26th sailing also????

Deb

Archived