Return Flight Timing?

justbsur

Guess I like to live dangerously. The last 3 cruises out of Port Canaveral for us we booked 11am flights. Usually sitting in the airport by 9 -9:30.

Just back from a cruise that ended Monday and booked an 11:55am flight from FLL. The ship ported in Miami and we were still through security and at the gate at 9:20am.

No stress for me. If we miss the flight for some crazy reason we'll be on standby and go when a seat is available. :)

Bill

Guess I like to live dangerously. The last 3 cruises out of Port Canaveral for us we booked 11am flights. Usually sitting in the airport by 9 -9:30.

Just back from a cruise that ended Monday and booked an 11:55am flight from FLL. The ship ported in Miami and we were still through security and at the gate at 9:20am.

No stress for me. If we miss the flight for some crazy reason we'll be on standby and go when a seat is available. :)

Bill

Monday will not have as many ships in port and less possible air passengers trying to get back home as a weekend sailing.

Live dangerous if you like, but many passengers may not have that luxury to fly on a standby flight as you.

Just off the boat last week. Flight at 11:10am. Didn't think nothing of it since we would carry our luggage off. Well we missed that flight. Called the airline to see when the next flight out would be. Well it was 2:30 and 4:00. No problem, right? Wrong!!! We didn't get off boat until 4pm!!!! Port was closed due to the fog. You never know what might happen beyond your control.

Monday will not have as many ships in port and less possible air passengers trying to get back home as a weekend sailing.

Live dangerous if you like, but many passengers may not have that luxury to fly on a standby flight as you.

We had 4 ships in port Monday. NCL Skey, CCL Destiny, CCL Inspiration, and RCI Navigator.

In June 2010 the Disney Wonder, CCL Dream, and CCL Sensation are there with the Sensation being there every other week.

I certainly didn't have the luxury of a standby flight as I got home changed clothes and left for work 20 minutes later.

All I am saying is ship happens and when it happens getting all crazy and upset isn't going to get you home any faster. You just deal with it.

As you can see by the post by Goplayball that even if he would have taken peoples advice to book at 1pm he still wouldn't have made it.

The probability of the OP making that flight is very high.

None of us have a crystal ball unfortunately.

Bill

We had 4 ships in port Monday. NCL Skey, CCL Destiny, CCL Inspiration, and RCI Navigator.

In June 2010 the Disney Wonder, CCL Dream, and CCL Sensation are there with the Sensation being there every other week.

I certainly didn't have the luxury of a standby flight as I got home changed clothes and left for work 20 minutes later.

All I am saying is ship happens and when it happens getting all crazy and upset isn't going to get you home any faster. You just deal with it.

As you can see by the post by Goplayball that even if he would have taken peoples advice to book at 1pm he still wouldn't have made it.

The probability of the OP making that flight is very high.

None of us have a crystal ball unfortunately.

Bill

Thus the rationale of NOT scheduling a flight using your "gambling" or "living dangerous" theory. No one said they were getting upset... I merely stated why "stress out" trying to make an unrealistic flight time when you could schedule a later flight and REDUCE the chances of missing a later flight ! Geeesh :rolleyes:

It's at least an hour drive to MCO. I think you might be cutting it pretty close.

You never know if you might get hung up in customs...

What?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

45 miles at a speed of 70 puts you there real quick,but we drive at 80. I travel that twice a week as I live here

Archived