Wonderful Copenhagen

swdke

can we take a train or bus from Hellerod (after we tour the castle) to Helsinger (and then to see Kronborg Castle)? Is all this doable in one day (we would like to get back to Copenhagen by dinner time and then go to Tivoli) if we leave early for Hellerod? I know that we can take the train form Helsinger back to Copenhagen. I thought if we do get the card, it might make sense to also go to Helsinger.

vicky

Hi Vicky,

Yes, there is a train from Hillerod to Helsingor, and you can do both in one day. I know because I've done it myself. To give yourself time, make sure you're at Frederiksborg castle when the open. Also, be aware of the times for the train from Hillerod to Helsingor so that you can plan your arrival back to the Hillerod station in time to go to Helsingor. I believe the trains to Helsingor are hourly, so if you just miss it, then you'll have a bit of a wait for the next train. The train ride from Hillerod to Helsingor is not long, maybe 30 min. In Helsingor, the walk from the station to Kronborg is about 20 min. Also, before you return to Copenhagen, near the Helsingor station, there is a near by alley where there is a ice cream place. It's small, but they have great ice cream. I like the nougant. Make sure you get it in a waffle cone, ask for the cream on top, the jam on top, and the chocolate covered ball smooshed on top. Then, make your way to Copenhagen. If you plan your timing, and if you have time, you can get off at Klampenborg station and have a walk in Deer park. Also, Bakken is there which is the world's oldest amusement park. I believe admission may be free. It's not as spectacular as Tivoli, but worth a walk to see a 400 year old amusement park. From Klampenborg back to Copenhagen, it's only about a 15 min. ride back into the city. Hum, or if instead, you can stop off at a station not too far from Helsingor and visit the famous Lousiana Museum, just a short walk from the train station at Humlebaek station. http://www.louisiana.dk/dk/Service+Menu+Right/English Have fun, you'll have a great day!

Dear Danish Viking - thanks again for your response. One more question: can we take a train or bus from Hellerod (after we tour the castle) to Helsinger (and then to see Kronborg Castle)? Is all this doable in one day (we would like to get back to Copenhagen by dinner time and then go to Tivoli) vicky

Will you be dining in Tivoli? I liked Groften, and was able to make reservations online with them via email. For your group, if you plan to dine in Tivoli, I recommend Groften. Interesting park like setting, large varitey of food, and for Tivoli, prices not too bad. But, be safe and make reservations. Have fun.

Will you be dining in Tivoli? I liked Groften, and was able to make reservations online with them via email. For your group, if you plan to dine in Tivoli, I recommend Groften. Interesting park like setting, large varitey of food, and for Tivoli, prices not too bad. But, be safe and make reservations. Have fun.

Hi swdke - I tried googling the restaurant and couldn't find a web site or email address for the Groften. Can you help?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi swdke - I tried googling the restaurant and couldn't find a web site or email address for the Groften. Can you help?

Thanks,

Sam

Sure, no problem.

http://groeften-uk.dana11.dk

You can email them also at info@groeften.dk

The restraunt is located inside Tivoli, just after you enter the Main entrance, and to the left.

Does DFDS or Netto take credit cards

Thank you

DFDS does at their Gammel Strand location. When I was there last, they did not at the Nyhavn location, which is why we took the DFDS canal tour from Gammel Strand.

Does anyone know of motorcoach sightseeing highlights tours available in Copenhagen (similar to Grayline, etc.) during evening hours? "Copenhagen by Night", etc.?

This is the only tour I know of. A Night Watchman's tour, which I think looks like fun. Might want to email them to confirm information. http://www.nattevaegterne.dk/uk_index.htm

and

http://www.nattevaegterne.dk/uk_vaegter_frame.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Archived