MSC Express - web check-in

obendus

Has anyone else had 'problems' with the web check-in process?

With our party of 6, ALL of the date of birth information entries contained incorrect information. MSC claims the T.A. supplied the erroneous information, but since our T.A. utilizes a passenger information database, with the correct dates of birth for all passengers (amazingly enough, the information on the travel insurance, set up by our T.A. was correct), I'm left wondering how such wild and wooly information was coded into our bookings.

Perhaps, and I'm just speculating here, when the sailings for the Magnifica were replaced with sailings with the Poesia, the cabin assignment records were hurriedly completed using the data for the Poesias previous assignment, and date-of-birth data wasn't purged.

At any rate (venting mode off), I'm curious to see if this has happened with anyone else.

It happened with me for my upcoming Splendida cruise to the East Med. The web check in page has an erroneous birth date for me and my TA has emailed MSC twice trying to get them to change it to the correct date. Maybe it's not important to them but I'd hate to have problems at check in because my birthdate is wrong. On the other hand, my MSC Club account has the correct date!

It happened with me for my upcoming Splendida cruise to the East Med. The web check in page has an erroneous birth date for me and my TA has emailed MSC twice trying to get them to change it to the correct date. Maybe it's not important to them but I'd hate to have problems at check in because my birthdate is wrong. On the other hand, my MSC Club account has the correct date!

Interesting!

Now, I entered the correct information on the 'Passenger declaration page', the one where MSC takes a few moments to accept it, and then asks you to print a copy. So, they have the correct information on file. They have had it for a month. It was the 'Express' passenger information screen, yesterday, that 'created' birthdates, seemingly out of thin air.

That's unfortunate that they won't even respond to requests from your TA to correct the date. Your Splendida cruise also occurs on January of 2010. I think there's more to this 'glitch' than MSC is letting on. At least I have the personal assurances of a MSC customer service rep that 'they' don't make these mistakes.:confused:

I share your concerns about check-in, otherwise it wouldn't matter a hoot what they put in that field.

I have had a few issues with my MSC reservation. First I booked my cruise and then awhile later the price went down, so I called my TA to get it changed. So that was fine, but they gave me (MSC) a new booking number, which is fine, but then they gave my cabin away (on deck 9) and put me on deck 8 (same category) but I didn't want to be above deck 7 because of it being noisy. My TA tried to get it corrected but they would do nothing to fix it!!! When I had originally done web check in on the first booking all info was correct, but I had to do again because of the new booking number and they had my travel companions sex wrong, and birthdate (month and day) reversed.

Most cruise lines when they make an error would make sure the customer is happy and fix error or give upgrade to accomodate. I booked a balcony and they would not upgrade to next category so I would not be on deck 8, but I have read on these threads that they upgraded people from inside to balconies?? I hope the cruise is good, as so far I am turned off with their handling my reservation. Also when I faxed in excursion sheet they double charged my credit card. Live and learn I guess.

When I had originally done web check in on the first booking all info was correct, but I had to do again because of the new booking number and they had my travel companions sex wrong, and birthdate (month and day) reversed.

There's the thing... where ARE they getting the erroneous information from?

Most cruise lines when they make an error would make sure the customer is happy and fix error or give upgrade to accomodate.

The only way I see this happening is when your TA 'released' your original booking, your original category of cabin was 'waitlisted', and hence was scooped-up. Personally, I think that should have been checked before releasing the original booking, but I'm not a TA, and it might not have been possible to check.

I booked a balcony and they would not upgrade to next category so I would not be on deck 8, but I have read on these threads that they upgraded people from inside to balconies??

This usually happens when the more expensive cabins of a sailing are unfilled... they shuffle 'insides' on confirmed bookings to the vacant 'balconies', if any, and deeply discount the less expensive cabins.

No guarantees though, because many a wise traveller may also grab the unsold, and discounted balcony cabins at the last minute.

I hope the cruise is good, as so far I am turned off with their handling my reservation. Also when I faxed in excursion sheet they double charged my credit card. Live and learn I guess.

I can see why your 'pissed' ... double charging your CC is 'someones' mistake, and you have the added pleasure of straightening out the error.

Hopefully you find a satisfactory resolution to these concerns.

Has anyone else had 'problems' with the web check-in process?With our party of 6, ALL of the date of birth information entries contained incorrect information.

Partial Resolution: As of today, our 'birthdate' information 'seems' to have been corrected. Some issues yet to be addressed, but progress... any progress is a positive sign!

Has anyone else had 'problems' with the web check-in process?With our party of 6, ALL of the date of birth information entries contained incorrect information.

Finally, as if a Christmas gift, ALL of the information on our express check-in is correct!

Time to go and enjoy the snowfall!

Archived