sovereign question (luggage)

robtraci

We are doing the three night cruise in May and my question is concerning luggage. We took a 7 night cruise over Thanksgiving and when we went to disembark we had a red tag and were the third group off. That time we had the royal family suite and a bunch of luggage. This time I don't plan on taking more than one small bag. Do I have to turn my bag over the night before? Can I just carry it off? We carried off several bags over Thanksgiving (4 kids 3 adults) and no one said anything and I don't even remember the bags being checked at all.

I'm just trying to speed up disembarkment. We will have to drive 15 hours and go to work the next morning so I'd like to get off the ship as quickly as poss. and we purchase a inside room this time. I hated paying so much for a suite we were never in (we kept busy).

You can carry your luggage off, no problem. If it's small enough to fit thru the scanner you can carry it on too. That way you can get unpacked & settled right away.

The last couple times we did the Sovereign we carried our things on & off. The last time the Security Guard kept trying to direct us to luggage drop off, he just didn't want to believe we were not checking anything in.

Have a great trip, you'll Love the Sovereign.

Archived