It's Xmas Day in Sydney

ging466

A happy Xmas to all down under.

I am following the Aussie teen-ager, Jessica Watson attempting to be the youngest to circumnavigate the earth. She is aboard a 34' sail boat. That's quite a cruise!!

She has just passed over Point Nemo (A point on the ocean furthest away from any land) en route for Cape Horn.

A happy Xmas to all down under. I am following the Aussie teen-ager, Jessica Watson attempting to be the youngest to circumnavigate the earth. She is aboard a 34' sail boat. That's quite a cruise!! She has just passed over Point Nemo (A point on the ocean furthest away from any land) en route for Cape Horn.

Hi dwelsh

Yes Jessica Watson is quite amazing. She's a tough dude (or maybe dudette:)) for her age. Not many people could do what she is attempting to do.

Cheers

ging466

Merry Christmas, ging466! Wish I was with you. It's 50F in GA and I am freezing. Go Jessica!

Thankx Goldens4. Ouch 50F:(. Can't really skite anymore, I can smell the rain on the way! Still rain is good...we need it.

Cheers

ging466

Hi to all Silversea CCers In Sydney for lunch, I'm having plenty of seafood and will probably throw a 'shrimp on the barbie'.:D Wherever u are, I hope you have a wonderful festive season.

Best wishes ging466

Sydney sounds much nicer with more fun weather than dealing while visiting Charlottesville, Va., with its foot plus of snow on the ground. Lots of icy rain is due today, etc. Haven't been "down-under", yet, but have it on the future "wish-list"! Sydney seems very exciting! Will hope that under the Christmas tree today there is a big box of cash in place of the normal lump of coal. The shrimp and seafood sounds wonderful.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Greetings to all on this 2009 Christmas from Alligator Point. It's in the 60's here - a welcome relief from the snow we had in Maryland. We hope that you all have a very happy and healthy New Year.

Hi everyone

I can't boast any longer...Sydney is not nice today - Boxing Day. We are under 70F :eek::eek:, which means it's a tad chilly and it's raining - not exactly a nice summer day! (I suppose you are laughing at my idea of chilly?:))

Cheers

ging466

ging - thanks for fixing the weather for the day we were there at the end of the whisper cruise, it was perfect, sorry you had to have the flip side today.

We loved Sydney by the way and now we know why everyone goes who lives there loves it. For the record, after 16 days on the ship we wanted something simple to eat, so we went to Sake, the Japanese restaurant at the Rocks, and ate some super nice fresh sushi and sashimi and drank some awesome sake. Then we grabbed a drink at the top floor bar at our hotel (Shangri-la) which was very totally not worth it.

We keep a boat in Singapore and were just blown away to see how many people in Sydney are out on the water at the weekends, I'm afraid to say most of the boats in Singapore sit idle most of the time.

Hi everyone

I can't boast any longer...Sydney is not nice today - Boxing Day. We are under 70F :eek::eek:, which means it's a tad chilly and it's raining - not exactly a nice summer day! (I suppose you are laughing at my idea of chilly?:))

Cheers

ging466

ging - thanks for fixing the weather for the day we were there at the end of the whisper cruise, it was perfect, sorry you had to have the flip side today. We loved Sydney by the way and now we know why everyone goes who lives there loves it. For the record, after 16 days on the ship we wanted something simple to eat, so we went to Sake, the Japanese restaurant at the Rocks, and ate some super nice fresh sushi and sashimi and drank some awesome sake. Then we grabbed a drink at the top floor bar at our hotel (Shangri-la) which was very totally not worth it.

We keep a boat in Singapore and were just blown away to see how many people in Sydney are out on the water at the weekends, I'm afraid to say most of the boats in Singapore sit idle most of the time.

good to hear that u loved Sydney and yes the day u arrived was perfect. When I arrived back last year on the Whisper I had been bragging to all my Scottish friends that the sun would be shining and Sydney would look gorgeous for them...it was grey, cold & miserable! :o.

The weather is just plain weird. I heard on the news that Boxing Day (26th Dec) was the coldest in 100 years...rather odd for our summer!

I don't know the restaurant called Sake but I do know the bar and u get an awesome view so I'm not sure why u didn't like it:confused: or did u mean that the drinks were very expensive! Last time I was there, they were pretty pricey.

Cheers

ging466

Archived