Kennedy SC Questions

vavasmom

I have spent the last several hours looking for the answer to this without success. I want to thank Preston, Shirley, and others for all their PC information.

We are on the Carnival Pride next June stopping in Port Canaveral for the day. I am planning on renting a car (Budget for just under $39 for the day). My DD and I want to see KSC. I have read (both here and on the Budget web site) that Budget provides a shuttle to and from the port.

I am very confused about what ticket options I should consider. I am working on the trip budget and plan. What exactly are the extras you see on the "Up Close" tour vs. the regular tour. Reading the descriptions, it appears you see very little of the shuttle on the basic tour. Also is the Up Close tour in addition to the regular tour or is it the regular tour with additional stops? I have read several reviews of both this morning and am more confused than when I started. Based upon the reviews I read, I understand that "up close" is not really that close.

We live just outside of Washington DC and have seen the shuttle on display at the Udvar Hazy annex of the Air and Space Museum. Based on friends at home, I know we should leave some time for the interactive portions of the Astronaut Museum.

Thanks in Advance for Any information or recommendations

Archived