TV in Sports Bar?

justbsur

I have no good answer for you but from experience I'd say its luck of the draw and where the ship is positioned. The ships receive different networks by where they are located and satellite position. IE: If your in Mexico you may be receiving ESPN Deportes. Last year on my Independence cruise I was lucky to watch some football on Fox. I'd say you just have to get lucky.

As for the sports bars on the ship. They always seem to play old pre recorded films of sports. Keep your fingers crossed

Sailing on January 7th at 5pm and interested in the Texas vs. Alabama football game at 8pm. Any chance we will be able to watch it in the Sports Bar?

It may depend on what network it is being broadcast on and whether that network is available on the ship. If it is ESPN/ABC and satellite coverage is available, your chances are reasonably good. I suspect that this game for the National Championship will be broadcast and you will be able to watch it.:)

Sailing on January 7th at 5pm and interested in the Texas vs. Alabama football game at 8pm. Any chance we will be able to watch it in the Sports Bar?

It's the National Championship game dudes! You definitely will be able to watch it. I guarantee it! How's that for being bold! You'll only be 3 hours out of port. I bet if you were in the middle of the Caribbean they'd have it on. It's a big deal. We saw last years game in the disco. They converted it and had a party. It was packed. ENJOY!

What about the NFL playoffs the weekends of January 16 and 23

Is it the same answer? That it's going to be a coin flip as to whether they are on or not if you're out to sea?

As long as they have satellite access, you should see the playoff games on TV unless they are on NFL network. RCI has licensing agreements with Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN/ABC and regularly shows some games during the regular season. In the post season, when there are fewer games, they should be able to show all of them.:)

As long as they have satellite access, you should see the playoff games on TV unless they are on NFL network. RCI has licensing agreements with Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN/ABC and regularly shows some games during the regular season. In the post season, when there are fewer games, they should be able to show all of them.:)

Good luck. On the Oasis inaugural a bunch of us went to the On Air club to watch the Patriots/Dolphins game. We were disappointed to find out that despite having a dozen or more tv screens, they were only showing ONE game (Saints/'Skins). The bartender said he couldn't change it, and sent us to guest relations to request the CBS feed. Guest relations called somebody and said it would be changed, but it never was.

Hopefully you will have better luck, and have the option of seeing more than one game!

we are on the Radiance Feb 22nd Mexico- 11 days- and hope to see some of the second week of the winter Olympics - sports bar TV or room coverage NBC ? where might we be able to see some evening coverage - we should be in the same time zone or close to Vancouver time

Good luck. On the Oasis inaugural a bunch of us went to the On Air club to watch the Patriots/Dolphins game. We were disappointed to find out that despite having a dozen or more tv screens, they were only showing ONE game (Saints/'Skins). The bartender said he couldn't change it, and sent us to guest relations to request the CBS feed. Guest relations called somebody and said it would be changed, but it never was.

Hopefully you will have better luck, and have the option of seeing more than one game!

Hey we had the same experience on the Jewel of the Seas on its three night cruise out of Miami in November. We had hoped to see the Patriots/Dolphins game but they were restricted to showing the Cincinnati game instead. We had to go to Atlantis while we were in Nassau to see the game of our choice. With so many Boston and Miami passengers onboard the Jewel we thought that the Miami-New England game would be a no-brainer but the hotel director pointed out that the line is limited by their agreement with the NFL and the TV networks as to which games they can show and the number of games they can show is not defined by the number of TV screens that they have. During the playoffs, however, there won't be game scheduling conflicts so their chance of seeing the game they are interested in is dramatically improved.

Archived