New Carnival Policy for Solo Cruisers

SouthernCaribbean

Just found out that all cruises booked as a single will require the same deposit as a double occupancy cabin. This policy went into effect 1/1/05. The reason they are giving is that people were booking cabins as solo just to basically hold them.

So its a $500 deposit for 7day cruises.

I guess they feel solo cruisers just dont provide enough revenue for them.

I guess they feel solo cruisers just dont provide enough revenue for them.

Stating the obvious. Regardless of a 200% single supplement, two passengers will spend more than one on the "other stuff."

unfortunatly I doubt they will as it is all about the money and not the passenger. they figure that as long as you want to cruise you will do so by their standards and price.

which basically sucks monkey azz, the single people are always getting screwed by the Goverment, Travel industry.

equality is definatly not in the cruise industry vocabulary.

Well.......I guess it's a good thing I don't have any plans for another cruise anytime soon! It's already bad enough for us solo cruisers. If I have to pay double, guess who won't be cruising again, period? When they realize they aren't getting any solo bookings, they'll have to re-think that little plan.:eek:

Good thing I have a flying trip to Hawaii coming up next - otherwise, I'd probably get into a real funk about it. Their loss.:o

Not sure why everyone is getting so upset over this. It's just a deposit and it just means that you will now have less money due when the final payment has to be made.

Some people like to hold on to $250 as long as possible...Count me in the number!! By your thinking we should pay all the money upfront except for a $1 final payment.

Some people like to hold on to $250 as long as possible...Count me in the number!! By your thinking we should pay all the money upfront except for a $1 final payment.

I didn't say anything about paying the full amount up front.:rolleyes: I guess I just do not sweat the small things.

That's a big line of BS so don't fall for it!! I called my PVP and asked her about it and apparently they don't get to count any singles bookings for their monthly quota so she said the person must be booking the cabin with a fake person in it and then getting the $500 deposit for 'two' so the person can count it. Now that makes more sense than saying there's some new policy which is a lie. I'd call back and ask for a supervisor and get it straightened out.

That's a big line of BS so don't fall for it!! I called my PVP and asked her about it and apparently they don't get to count any singles bookings for their monthly quota so she said the person must be booking the cabin with a fake person in it and then getting the $500 deposit for 'two' so the person can count it. Now that makes more sense than saying there's some new policy which is a lie. I'd call back and ask for a supervisor and get it straightened out.

That makes sense, very shady of a PVP to do that.:mad: If your PVP mentioned it, I would guess that its an often used tactic.

I agree call Carnival, I would imagine that PVP would be in big trouble for doing that.

Thanks for straightening that out. Sorry I started this thread and upset fellow solo cruisers. Do you think I should drop it, because I was just asking for a price quote? Or call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Since I dont have any written proof I will probably just be wasting my breath.

The Hosts can delete this thread since its based on a lie from a PVP.

Archived