Ecstasy Update

jam82

Here's the latest:

we are checking in at terminal 2 while passengers debark at terminal 1.

They estimate we'll leave at 10pm.

Still going to Cozumel!! Port time changed to 10:30-6:30.

$15 per person credit for lunch.

Terminal employees are hustling to get us through here!

usually RCL uses terminal 2 (but only on sundays), but Im still surprised, but sounds like a plan to me.

Ill be cheering for no more fog and that you get out on time tonight.

Yeah Lambie.....tell Chris to give him a hard time !! Glad you were there with me !! :D As long as we have NO FOG on Feb.20 !! NO FOG !!

Ginnie

I've been stuck in that fog -- overnight at the dock in Galveston... I KNOW what it feels like!!!

NO FOG!!!! NO FOG!!! January 31st too!!!!

Im sorry Lambie, NO Im NOT. Never can get enough time on the Conquest. I am just sad as I have had to cancel my April 2010 cruise on her. I am hoping to rebook something later in the year. May even try & make the CRAZIES cruise. I am like you & Mach. I JUST LOVE THE CONQUEST !!!! Still waiting to win the Lottery & get my PERMANENT Cabin on her.

Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!!

A permanant cabin on the CONQUEST!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Here's the latest:

we are checking in at terminal 2 while passengers debark at terminal 1.

They estimate we'll leave at 10pm.

Still going to Cozumel!! Port time changed to 10:30-6:30.

$15 per person credit for lunch.

Terminal employees are hustling to get us through here!

I remember that $15 credit... :rolleyes: Hey... It didn't bother me... FOOD was always the last of my worries!!!!

Did they check you in early this morning and give you everything but your S&S card????

I'm so glad they got out tonight. We left her at about 5PM and while itwas a less than ideal day for us (circling around outside the harbor), my thoughts were with those on the pier wondering if they were going to get to enjoy their New Years Celebration aboard her. It looks like they were set up for a Wedding Reception today. A tip for any travellers that may find them in a similar position as Us on a future cruise: The Library makes a great place to relax while you are waiting to debark. It's comfortable, quiet, spacious and just one level up from the Empress deck. I should know: my family spent about 8 hours there today....

I'm so glad they got out tonight. We left her at about 5PM and while itwas a less than ideal day for us (circling around outside the harbor), my thoughts were with those on the pier wondering if they were going to get to enjoy their New Years Celebration aboard her. It looks like they were set up for a Wedding Reception today. A tip for any travellers that may find them in a similar position as Us on a future cruise: The Library makes a great place to relax while you are waiting to debark. It's comfortable, quiet, spacious and just one level up from the Empress deck. I should know: my family spent about 8 hours there today....

Hi neighbor! Did you enjoy your Ecstasy cruise? It's been a while since I've cruised on her. I'm thinking about booking another one.

And, Hi Jan! Haven't gotten any notices on our old roll call. Any new messages in the last few weeks? Got back from the Dream a couple weeks ago.

Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!!

A permanant cabin on the CONQUEST!!! LOVE IT!!!!

And I promise to let you come visit every chance you can. I love cruising with you. I wish you were going with us, then you could wish for the FOG on our return with us. I know you love the Conquest as much as I do.

WOO HOO More time on the Conquest anyway we can get it.

Hi neighbor! Did you enjoy your Ecstasy cruise? It's been a while since I've cruised on her. I'm thinking about booking another one.

Hi ChrissyBTX! There were five of us on the cruise - (Myself, DW, DS-14, DD-11 & Grandma) Everyone enjoyed themselves. As for the ship, I am surprised how much I liked her as we were off the 160,000 RCCL IOS a little less than a year ago. IOS had so many options for our (then) family of 10 that was onboard that cruise, yet neither I nor the rest of the family was never really idle, looking for something to do. The one exception may have been my son who found the Circle K activities lacking. It was not a problem for him, because he was still happy with the ping pong, shuffleboard, minigolf and various shows, scavenger hunts, and games. The age of the ship was NEVER a consideration. She has been maintained well and I'm sure the recent drydock helped a lot. We would definitely sail with her again.

Hi ChrissyBTX! There were five of us on the cruise - (Myself, DW, DS-14, DD-11 & Grandma) Everyone enjoyed themselves. As for the ship, I am surprised how much I liked her as we were off the 160,000 RCCL IOS a little less than a year ago. IOS had so many options for our (then) family of 10 that was onboard that cruise, yet neither I nor the rest of the family was never really idle, looking for something to do. The one exception may have been my son who found the Circle K activities lacking. It was not a problem for him, because he was still happy with the ping pong, shuffleboard, minigolf and various shows, scavenger hunts, and games. The age of the ship was NEVER a consideration. She has been maintained well and I'm sure the recent drydock helped a lot. We would definitely sail with her again.

Thanks Tom! I didn't know she was in drydock recently.

Thanks for the link! I see they added a slide. I can see the new balcony cabins on the rear of the ship. I think those are also balcony cabins on the port side, mid ship? But, I don't see any on mid ship on the starboard side (photos 11 & 12). I wonder why they didn't add more balconies on the sides of the ships? What else did they upgrade? I think I need to book another cruise before summer gets here. Galveston is just so convenient.

Thanks for the link! I see they added a slide. I can see the new balcony cabins on the rear of the ship. I think those are also balcony cabins on the port side, mid ship? But, I don't see any on mid ship on the starboard side (photos 11 & 12). I wonder why they didn't add more balconies on the sides of the ships? What else did they upgrade? I think I need to book another cruise before summer gets here. Galveston is just so convenient.

More balconies couldn't be added because they would be in the way of the lifeboats if they needed to be lowered.

...you might want to wait a little while to let the current passengers get off before you go. There are gonna be some mad ones both getting off and getting on.

We were on Ecstasy for the Dec 26-31 cruise. Once they knew there was going to be a substantial delay, they announced that the phone lines were opened for free calls so passengers could make alternate travel arrangements. They kept us updated every half hour during the day. They showed movies in the forward lounge. The lido deck buffets remained open and stocked. We ate all morning and afternoon until they called debarkation. Everyone seemed calm and handled the delay quite well. We encountered no mad passengers. We cirecled about 3 times and then came into port about 3:30pm--about a 5 to 6 hours later than expected. If the next group got a $15 refund for a lunch, then we must have eaten theirs. We were in the first group off the ship and waited just outside customs for the rest of our party who had checked their luggage the night before. We had plenty of time to observed everyone else leaving the terminal building. No one was mad--no one was running and screaming to get to shuttles and taxis. The terminal was not crowded as many of the next cruise passengers had already gone upstairs to waiting areas. We talked to several as they were coming in and no one seemed upset with the delay. It was cold and dreary in Galveston so we are not sure if they would have a New Years celebration out on Lido that night as we did last December. All-in-all, it was a smooth debarkation/embarkation from what we could observe. Ecstasy has a great captain and cruise director who did a wonderful job of handling this delay. It was orderly, calm, and was the quickest we have ever seen. Hope our next cruise is as great as this one was.

Archived