Is Oasis worth the extra $300 per person?

I'm planning a cruise in the all too distant future (early 2011) and am considering all the RCI options in the Caribbean. Oasis and Allure are both at least $300 per person more than some of the other options (Voyager and Radiance class ships). Is Oasis worth the extra $600+ for a weeklong vacation for two? I suspect most people will say yes, so tell me exactly what made it worth it for you. Thanks!

I'm planning a cruise in the all too distant future (early 2011) and am considering all the RCI options in the Caribbean. Oasis and Allure are both at least $300 per person more than some of the other options (Voyager and Radiance class ships). Is Oasis worth the extra $600+ for a weeklong vacation for two? I suspect most people will say yes, so tell me exactly what made it worth it for you. Thanks!

I knew about this ship way back when it was still a big secret,The idea that there could be a ship out there with central park or a boardwalk area was mind blowing to me,when I heard there would be surfing so to speak,and inside balcony I thought it was a joke someone close was playing.I talked to my TA telling her what I heard and she agreed it had to be a joke.About 1 year later info started to leak out and i really got excited,I couldnt imagine how it could be true.I have always liked the larger ships ,I find them to be a little smoother in the water ,I also like to have as many options as posible,The larger the ship the more options,will I surf who knows,will I try the Zip line who knows,and if I choose a night for a special dinner what restraunt will I choose,who knows but I will have all of those options and can do as little or as much as I choose,those decisions will be made depending on my mood at the time,but I do know for sure I will have a great time with my family and friends and to me that is priceless!

All I can say (and have been telling the people I have so often cruised with that haven't experienced Oasis yet) is IMO it is a MUST DO! They keep asking me questions about it and to describe it. Really, words cannot explain the experience. Pictures can only tell so much. The reviews are all based on personal preferences.

Oasis was my 19th cruise with Royal Caribbean. No other ship has amazed me like Oasis did. The entire experience was fantastic and worth every penny!! It "satisfied" my curiosity after following it for a couple years. There was a lot more we could have experienced that we will be sure to do next time. ...and the next time. ...and the next time. Given the price to sail on her, there will be more affordable cruises between the "next times" ;) on Oasis/Allure.

A few years ago we did our first Disney family vacation. Everybody talks about the "Magic" and none of us EVER felt the magic. Left wondering what it was all about. (Thankfully the vaca was wrapped up with a cruise on Mariner:eek:) OASIS is MAGIC far beyond the mouse!! (IMO of course)

Yes, absolutely. It is phenomenal. The shows (Hairspray, Ice Show, Comedy Club, Aquatheatre, etc.) are better than the typical cruise shows. More food venues to choose from (free and pay). More pool venues to choose from. Amazing views of the ship and even different sea views from various places around the ship.

Mr. Ski says "Absolutely because it is all about choices. Sports choices, show choices, dining choices."

Is Oasis worth the extra $600+ for a weeklong vacation for two? I suspect most people will say yes, so tell me exactly what made it worth it for you. Thanks!

Yes, for us it was. We paid the ultra premium prices to sail on the inaugural voyage and loved it. We have been booked on the Allure's inaugural, also at premium rates, since booking opened up for it. Our thought was that if Oasis wasn't that great we could cancel Allure, but we loved our Oasis cruise and are counting the days til our Allure cruise. As some have said, it's about the overall experience. We didn't get around to doing either the flow rider or zipline, but enjoyed watching others and knowing that option was available. Central Park is beautiful. We tried and enjoyed most of the additional dining venues available on Oasis...that alone is a huge plus for us. The Solarium was gorgeous, the HUGE cantilevered hottubs, the show in the Aquatheater, and the wide variety of pool areas all added to the experience.

I think it's a personal preference.

To me, We are paying the extra money to go on one of the first few sailings... It's a huge ship and I wanted to be able to go on it before a lot of other people. I wanted to be one of the first few to have the "experience". We could have gone on 2 cruises for what we paid. I've been to the bahamas over 30 times (literally) and also been to Philipsburg, St. Maarten. The wife just likes to vacation and it doesn't really matter to her. She's definitely not as excited as I am about it.

So, it really depends on WHY you cruise...

Do you cruise JUST to cruise (get away from work/home/life), Then no. You could take a cheaper, different cruise just to do this.

Do you cruise just to see different places/sites? Then no. You could take a cheaper different cruise just to see the ports.

Guest mrlepu
Each to there own.Its worth it for us not to have to wait until 2011,Not every thing in life should be about price.

Yes but if you can get the same quality for the same price, why not.

Yes but if you can get the same quality for the same price, why not.

But what makes you think your getting the same quqlity if your on a diiferent ship.Isnt that like comparing apple and oranges.They are both fruits but they are different.

I would think Rcl strives for high quality on all their ships. Quality should be a seamless transition ship to ship.

Well dont get me wrong I am a fan of RCCL,But if you are suggesting you can compare the enchantment to the Oasis your kidding!

Well dont get me wrong I am a fan of RCCL,But if you are suggesting you can compare the enchantment to the Oasis your kidding!

I'm not talking about ziplines or diving shows. I meant customer service and the full staff providing a enjoyable experience.:)

I'm not talking about ziplines or diving shows. I meant customer service and the full staff providing a enjoyable experience.:)

Well if you go on a older smaller ship for 2 weeks you will save even more money,but you wont have the same experience we are paying for.

Well if you go on a older smaller ship for 2 weeks you will save even more money,but you wont have the same experience we are paying for.

Independence of the Seas is the ship I will be on for 2 weeks for the price of 1 on the Oasis. I will sail on the the Oasis when the Allure is in operation, if the price comes back to earth.

Independence of the Seas is the ship I will be on for 2 weeks for the price of 1 on the Oasis. I will sail on the the Oasis when the Allure is in operation, if the price comes back to earth.

Have a great cruise I know I will and happy to spend the money too!

Guest mrlepu

Are you saying you would spend big money now, rather than wait and spend less money later with the same quality? You should rethink your plans and go on more cruises, for the same money.

Are you saying you would spend big money now, rather than wait and spend less money later with the same quality? You should rethink your plans and go on more cruises, for the same money.

Already done the cruises we want to do.Money dosnt really matter anymore once you hit a certain point in your life .And we are there now .

Already done the cruises we want to do.Money dosnt really matter anymore once you hit a certain point in your life .And we are there now .

I wish I could get to that point. It seems like I can't book cruises fast enough

;)

:D

Archived