Internet for suite passengers?

cruisekitty7

We are going on the emerald on Jan. 17th and read there is internet usage available for full suite passengers in the internet cafe. Does anyone know if this is unlimited or if they give you a set number of minutes? If it is a set number of minutes is it for the entire cabin or per passenger?

When you get on board just sign up for one of the packages. You will see a charge but it will be credited back each night. When the plan you signed up for runs out, just sign up for another one. All free. Also works with wireless in your cabin or "wi fi'd" areas throughout the ship.....

Bob

When you get on board just sign up for one of the packages. You will see a charge but it will be credited back each night. When the plan you signed up for runs out, just sign up for another one. All free. Also works with wireless in your cabin or "wi fi'd" areas throughout the ship.....

Bob

I totally agree with Bob. You have totally unlimited access, just sign up for any package you might need, and if that runs out, buy another one and it will all be credited back to you. This is for both the internet cafe or your own laptop/netbook. Great perk!

You don't have to sign up for a package on some ships. In Nov on the Sapphire as soon as we signed in, it recognized the room and showed we had unlimited access. (We were never given the option to sign up for a package) The only prob we had was when we went to the Cyber Cafe and printed out our boarding passes. I checked with the Cyber guy and he reversed the charge for printing for us.

Is the wifi in the rooms very hard to log on to? We have not been on Princess for awhile and would really like to take advantage of the wifi in our room. Thanks for the responses...

No different than that of the internet cafe. Very easy. Same instructions pop up on your laptop in your room. Just remember to log out using 1.1.1.1. This is something you don't have to do when using ship's computers.

No different than that of the internet cafe. Very easy. Same instructions pop up on your laptop in your room. Just remember to log out using 1.1.1.1. This is something you don't have to do when using ship's computers.

You have to log out when using the ships computer, but there is a "logout" button that you click rather than typing in the 1.1.1.1

We've only taken one computer in the past and it wasn't an issue in our suite. This time we're considering taking a 2nd computer.

Does anyone know if both people in a suite can be signed on at the same time? Can one be in the suite and the other somewhere else on the ship?

We've only taken one computer in the past and it wasn't an issue in our suite. This time we're considering taking a 2nd computer.

Does anyone know if both people in a suite can be signed on at the same time? Can one be in the suite and the other somewhere else on the ship?

Each one of you is entitled to free internet, so two people being logged on at the same time shouldn't matter.

Bob

This sounds great. I'm booked in a full suite this May.

Yes each can access the signal.

Would be no different if someone next door was online too.

You don't have to sign up for a package on some ships. In Nov on the Sapphire as soon as we signed in, it recognized the room and showed we had unlimited access. (We were never given the option to sign up for a package) The only prob we had was when we went to the Cyber Cafe and printed out our boarding passes. I checked with the Cyber guy and he reversed the charge for printing for us.

This was our experience also in December on the Sapphire. The signal was good and I had no problems. I went to the Cyber Cafe on the first day and they gave me the initial sign-in instructions. It recognized our name and cabin number and a dialog screen came up stating we had complimentary internet. I used it extensively to keep in touch with our children back home.

Yet another perk of being in a full suite that will make it hard to go back now as this was a one-time treat (unless we only want to cruise every 3 or 4 years!).

Esmo

Under each individual's accounts yes. Both under the same account, no.

Thanks for the info. We are bringing two laptops to keep connected to home. I called Princess to ask them about the internet for suite passengers and they had to put me on hold and go ask. Thought that was kind of funny. Are there intstructions in the cabin on how to access the wifi?

Thanks for the info. We are bringing two laptops to keep connected to home. I called Princess to ask them about the internet for suite passengers and they had to put me on hold and go ask. Thought that was kind of funny. Are there intstructions in the cabin on how to access the wifi?

You won't find instructions in your cabin, but as soon as you try to access, instructions will pop up on your computer screen. No rocket science. ;) Enjoy!

Is the wifi in the rooms very hard to log on to? We have not been on Princess for awhile and would really like to take advantage of the wifi in our room. Thanks for the responses...

Internet is available in "most" cabins, but ours (D-738 on the portside stern) wasn't one of them. I had to go out into the hall to get a signal. The people in the same cabin starboard side had great reception.

This was our experience also in December on the Sapphire. The signal was good and I had no problems. I went to the Cyber Cafe on the first day and they gave me the initial sign-in instructions. It recognized our name and cabin number and a dialog screen came up stating we had complimentary internet. I used it extensively to keep in touch with our children back home.

Yet another perk of being in a full suite that will make it hard to go back now as this was a one-time treat (unless we only want to cruise every 3 or 4 years!).

Esmo

I know what you're saying. I had to keep bugging DH to make sure he signed off so he won't keep signed on when we are on our other cruises. Unlimited wifi and Sabatinis was a plus.

Internet is available in "most" cabins, but ours (D-738 on the portside stern) wasn't one of them. I had to go out into the hall to get a signal. The people in the same cabin starboard side had great reception.

What ship were you on?

Archived