Favorite NCL Dish

BroncosFan2010

So far, anything from Le Bistro. We had two excellent meals there last time we cruised on the Spirit. I am really looking forward to their creme brulee right now.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Blue Lagoon does a mighty fine burger and fries. Their fish and chips and their chicken fingers are good too, if you like that sort of thing. Must be why it gets so crowded in there at times...;)

So far, anything from Le Bistro. We had two excellent meals there last time we cruised on the Spirit. I am really looking forward to their creme brulee right now.

On the other end of the spectrum, the Blue Lagoon does a mighty fine burger and fries. Their fish and chips and their chicken fingers are good too, if you like that sort of thing. Must be why it gets so crowded in there at times...;)

Mmmm Fish and Chips!

In the MDR, appetizers are king for me. I love the cold duck salad, avocado soup, sweet potato bisque and bay scallops with coconut milk. For desserts I love the strawberry souffle (just sent cruise critic a recipe request!) and german chocolate cake.

The entrees in the MDR don't excite me.

In the specialties, the escargot at LeBistro and the truffle fries at Cagney's give me cravings.

In the buffet, the rolls (particularly the pretzel rolls and the flat cheesy rolls) are king! Those and a little blue cheese and brie from the buffet make me happy!

IMHO, Cagney's truffle fries are the best thing on board. My husband though respectfully disagrees and insists that Cagney's grilled asparagus appetizer (with prosciutto & mushrooms) is the best thing to eat on board. Ultimately, it doesn't matter since it's all at Cagney's so we both get to eat our favorites! :D

• 3 weeks later...

There was a tuna tartare appetizer in the MDR last year that had me ordering thirds and telling my waiter to forget my entree. The steak at Le Bistro was also fabulous, and one of my cabin mates had a really, really terrific duck dish in the MDR on lobster night.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the buffet, the rolls (particularly the pretzel rolls and the flat cheesy rolls) are king! Those and a little blue cheese and brie from the buffet make me happy!

Those pretzel rolls are awesome! I have never seen them anywhere else either.

• 11 months later...

I remember last year on the Jewel, I had creme brulee for the first time. I'm not much for custardy things but thought I would give something different a try. I THINK it was called a Honey Creme Brulee? But I do know that there was a layer of chocolate on the bottom and it was OH SO DELISH.

Archived