Navigator of the Seas Grand Suite Experiences

Was wondering if anyone had any pictures as well as comments on your cruise experience in the GS. How are the new suite benefits? Are there Plasma TVs now?? Would especially like info about the layout of the room as well as the bathroom.

Thanks!

Was wondering if anyone had any pictures as well as comments on your cruise experience in the GS. How are the new suite benefits? Are there Plasma TVs now?? Would especially like info about the layout of the room as well as the bathroom.

Thanks!

I posted some room photos above. We were upgraded into the GS for our trip in February 2009. It was the 5-night Belize itinerary, and we didn't have any particular suite benefits that I noticed - other than a few hors d'ouvres in the room a couple of times and access to the Concierge Lounge that we didn't end up using.

We did NOT have Plasma TV. The room layout is ok - plenty of room for me, DW, and our two teenage-ish sons. The black bar that you see in the foreground of the room shot made a nice place for stuff to gather, but there are also shelves underneath it, and a nice vanity area next to the master bed. The closets are behind the photographer in that shot.

You can get a better idea of the rest of the layout behind my son here - ready for the muster drill!

imgp0226.jpg

• 1 month later...
The room layout - set up for bed. There were 4 of us, and my two sons (13 and 11 at the time) slept on the pullout sofa and were very comfortable. We never felt crowded, even when all 4 were in the room.

imgp0227.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this pic!!!! We are stying in a GS on the Indy this March!! I am actually going to be sleeping on the sofa bed and have been looking all over for a pic w/ the sofa open. This pic really calmed me down as far room for four was concerned. Thanks again!!

Thanks!

I know for a fact that several of the Grand Suites on the Navigator frequently have maintenance issues, especially #1256 and 1560.

Thank you so much for posting this pic!!!! We are stying in a GS on the Indy this March!! I am actually going to be sleeping on the sofa bed and have been looking all over for a pic w/ the sofa open. This pic really calmed me down as far room for four was concerned. Thanks again!!

You're quite welcome. As you can see, there was plenty of room all around the bed and between the main bed and the sofa bed. We actually slept with the curtain drawn across the room - divides it nicely into two private spaces.

Definitely room for four in the GS. My two boys are teenagers - both adult-sized (one was 5'10" and the other was 5'6") and they fit quite well together sharing the sofa bed.

I know for a fact that several of the Grand Suites on the Navigator frequently have maintenance issues, especially #1256 and 1560.

Thanks for that information......glad I'm not booked in one of those mentioned. What types of maintenance issues are they having?

The Grand Suites are even nicer on the Freedom Class ships.

No troubles in this one - #1548.

The worst problem we had was some late-night noise from up above on the second-to-last night - we were directly below a storeroom for deck chairs for the Solarium. Around 3 or 4 am it sounded like they were dragging out more chairs for the last sea day. About 1000 of them, from the sounds of it, but I just rolled over and dreamed about BEING in one of them the next morning.

You're quite welcome. As you can see, there was plenty of room all around the bed and between the main bed and the sofa bed. We actually slept with the curtain drawn across the room - divides it nicely into two private spaces.

Definitely room for four in the GS. My two boys are teenagers - both adult-sized (one was 5'10" and the other was 5'6") and they fit quite well together sharing the sofa bed.

This is good to hear as I am 6' and want to be comforatble. I was wondering if the curtain went all the way across too. Did you bring the Brita pitcher?

Did you bring the Brita pitcher?

Yes, the Brita pitcher was ours, and made a convenient way to always have some ice water available. It didn't get as much use as I thought it would, because the tap water is quite good, and our room steward told us they were cutting back and we could only have a full ice bucket once per day (a rule he bent at least once for us...).

• 1 year later...

Great pictures. Just wondered does anyone know whether the sofa bed is bigger in a GS than a D1. We have a GS on our next cruise and normally have a d1 for our two boys to sleep in. Just wondering whether they will have more room. Thanks

You should like all the perks that come with the suite even if you don't use them all. Our favorite was towels. You don't have to check them out. Just flash the gold card and they will give them to you. This is very convenient when you go to turn them back in. Just drop them in the bin. No waiting in line.

No waiting for tickets for the ice shows. When we went to one of the shows there was a huge line of people waiting to get in. We just walked up to the concierge at the front of the line and were among the first to get in. There was a reserved area but since we were ahead of everyone we could sit where ever we wanted.

When the dining room was open, you could have room service deliver anything on the dining room menu. We did this almost every day. We used the card that you hang on your door and just wrote down whateve we wanted that wasn't listed on the card.

You can pick up food in the WJ and then take it into Portofino to eat. A lot more peaceful in there.

Excellent table in dining room. Our wait staff served the captain's table on nights someone was there.

If you are going to Labadee, you get to go to Barefoot Beach and have the option of renting a cabana. This was a highlight of our Jan trip on Explorer.

It is a great way to go. You really get treated well.Only trouble is that after the first time you don't want to go back to a regular cabin. Oh well, it's only money.

It is a great way to go. You really get treated well.Only trouble is that after the first time you don't want to go back to a regular cabin. Oh well, it's only money.

Our last trip with the kids and grandkids, we had one to ourselves. We also used it as a family meeting palce and we agree, its hard to go back to a regular cabin.:D

Cheers

You guys are getting me worried about being in a GS on our upcomming Mariner trip....Just found out today (due to price drop) we were able to upgrad to a GS. Great for the extra space for 3 adults but going back to D1's or on special occasions the JS is going to be tough it sounds like! I guess I might need to take one less cruise & pay that money for the GS when we do go!! Can't wait to try it out! :)

Great pictures. Just wondered does anyone know whether the sofa bed is bigger in a GS than a D1. We have a GS on our next cruise and normally have a d1 for our two boys to sleep in. Just wondering whether they will have more room. Thanks

Well, since this was our suite in 2009 and we had a D1 with a sofabed for the 4 of us on Liberty in 2011, I'll take a shot at comparing the beds.

I think they was about the same size, give or take a few inches. The difference is that the D1 sofabed was more like a futon - sideways - and the boys slept one against the wall and one on the aisle. That meant that if the inside child had to get up in the night or woke up first in the morning, there was some crawling over each other involved. In the GS, as you can see in the picture, it's more of a standard sofabed and they slept with their feet out into the room and could both easily get up and move around.

• 5 weeks later...
love those pics of the GS. We have one on the Mariner, our first, and am really looking forward to it. Am afraid we will be spoiled from now on..... Oh well, it's only money!

As Grandma always said - "You can't take your purse in the hearse"! :rolleyes:

Archived