Live Silver Spirit Maiden TA Crossing

DebbieH103

I will be anxious to see how well they pull off this party for 60 people.

Before 2 1/2 hours, I would have long assumed that the meal was not coming and have called again and then also gone to reception if that failed. They are at least logging problems down there. Does the speed dial button work yet?

I found a lot of disconnect between room service and the butler. They would say they were calling/paging, then he would happen to show up for something else like ice but would not know about our call.

I ate on the pool deck for lunch despite the weather, though I was briefly drenched by a spray that made it over the pool deck side walls.
Thank you kindly for such an interesting narrative. The pool is on deck 9, and it is enclosed. So sea water had to be splashed up over deck 10 to spray on you!

Great time in the party, Doug and Lynn! Thank you so much for having us.

Dinner under the stars in the Black Rock Grill; NY Strip cooked on a hot lava stone. We brought some jamon iberico bellota from Barcelona and the staff served it on a platter with champagne. That, a salad, the Strip steak, and apple pie dessert; fabulous. But the party was a HUGE HIT! Thanks again Doug and Lynn!

Hi from sunny, beautiful Las Palmas,

Our Burn's bash last night in Dr. John (doug) and Lynn Burns Grand Suite was exceptional, fun and a wonderful way to meet many different cruise critic posters who we have chatted with over the last year. Finally got to meet Craig and Wil (Cashipman,

and Muse Cruiser), Marja and Nick (from the Netherlands) and of course the Marriott

pre cruise gang (Malcomb & Jean, Dieter & Debbie, Gary and Carol, Diane & Carl)

Gary, Carol, Wellseasoned (Dieter) & Debbie, Ida and I left the party (really Doug and Lynn nudged us gently out) after 90 min and went to the Panorama lounge for a few more drinks before leaving for La Terraza where we had another exceptional delicious Italian feast with impeccable dining and wine service. We then went to the show lounge and watched a terrific Elton John show.

Got a 75 min run (on board..missed Carl as he was already off the ship running in Las Palmas) in this morning, 15 min on the eliptical then 10 min in the pool (cold!)..looking forward to a long run in Las Palmas before lunch...got to get ready for the Captain's Welcome feast tonight--our first formal night.

Absolutely loving the Spirit, fellow pax, crew and this crossing.

more to follow

The poor ship has only been sailing 2 weeks and already thru two cat 2 hurricane waters!

I really liked the music at the Panorama and sure was wishing Ida was there then. I am glad she has found it. It's interesting up there when the ship rocks and rolls.

We're booked on November 6 Barbados to Barbados. I'd go back next week as long as it was warm waters without such high waves and sunny skies and I was flying out of a decent airport that had a clue. I think by the Grand Voyage, they will have just about everything worked out, and they will just have to stop advertising things like a Kinesis wall that were never delivered.

We are having a terrific time on this crossing..as Dr. Burns sez above service is exceptional, dining venues abound (stone grill,seishin (asian), Le Terraza (slow cooking Italian) Le Champagne (Degustation/wine pairing),

Restaurant (like Compass Rose), Pool Grill, Romance (mean) Room Service. We loved Seishin, have the stone grill tonight then Silversea is preparing a special Indian Dinner for Restaurnat Friday night celebrating

our Silver anniversary on the Silver Spirit (will have them put the AMX "Dom" on ice and serve for the start of this special "silver" Spirit evening.

Last night was our first of three formal nights...we had a great time (lobster in Restaurant, with vine tomatoe risotto as veggie dish) Will try to post some pics on CC in the next day or so. Doug and

Lynn Burns were dining with Staff Captain...I grabbed a table napkin, folded it over my arm and delivered the Navy's cocktail of choice to Doug--SHIRLEY TEMPLE :)

Later (Craig, Will, Gary, Carol, Doug, Lynn, Ida and I) found ourselves in the Panorama lounge where Doug, Lynn and Craig & Ida danced the night away until the wee hours of the morning. Absolutely loving this crossing, the Spirit and fellow pax...of special note--the warm graciousness of Doug and Lynn--by sharing their Grand suite and hosting the social event of the crossing--they absolutely fostered friendships and enhanced cruise fun.

We just docked in cloudy Tenerife, Canary Islands.

Are reservations needed for the stone grill on deck 10? Cruise isn't till June, Just wondering if it is recommended the first thing we do when we board is to make spa and dinner reservations.

Thank you. Wish I was there now!

lord of the seas, cute. I think the real reason is because we leave in less than 2 weeks for Santiago for a few months on the Cloud! It sure sounded like fun though. Since the Odyssey, I am not doing brand new ships until they mature!

I agree about sailing on new ships.I have taken maiden voyages in the past but never again.you always pay more for the maiden voyage and will always get less than you should.A new ship is usually ready for the more discerning guest ( Difficult,Awkward,Hard to please,only the best will do)

after at least six months.

Have a great time on the Cloud now it is nicely run in.

Are reservations needed for the stone grill on deck 10? Cruise isn't till June, Just wondering if it is recommended the first thing we do when we board is to make spa and dinner reservations.

Thank you. Wish I was there now!

Spa and dining arrangments are always the first thing to attend to on any ship,especially if you are not onboard for long.

We're booked on November 6 Barbados to Barbados. I'd go back next week as long as it was warm waters without such high waves and sunny skies and I was flying out of a decent airport that had a clue. I think by the Grand Voyage, they will have just about everything worked out, and they will just have to stop advertising things like a Kinesis wall that were never delivered.

Kinesis wall available onboard the Seabourn Odyssey if it is a deal breaker for some.I tried it and nearly hung myself.Not recommended unless you are a special forces veteran.Now the sky bar,that's a different story.

We are having a terrific time on this crossing..as Dr. Burns sez above service is exceptional, dining venues abound (stone grill,seishin (asian), Le Terraza (slow cooking Italian) Le Champagne (Degustation/wine pairing),

Restaurant (like Compass Rose), Pool Grill, Romance (mean) Room Service. We loved Seishin, have the stone grill tonight then Silversea is preparing a special Indian Dinner for Restaurnat Friday night celebrating

our Silver anniversary on the Silver Spirit (will have them put the AMX "Dom" on ice and serve for the start of this special "silver" Spirit evening.

Last night was our first of three formal nights...we had a great time (lobster in Restaurant, with vine tomatoe risotto as veggie dish) Will try to post some pics on CC in the next day or so. Doug and

Lynn Burns were dining with Staff Captain...I grabbed a table napkin, folded it over my arm and delivered the Navy's cocktail of choice to Doug--SHIRLEY TEMPLE :)

Later (Craig, Will, Gary, Carol, Doug, Lynn, Ida and I) found ourselves in the Panorama lounge where Doug, Lynn and Craig & Ida danced the night away until the wee hours of the morning. Absolutely loving this crossing, the Spirit and fellow pax...of special note--the warm graciousness of Doug and Lynn--by sharing their Grand suite and hosting the social event of the crossing--they absolutely fostered friendships and enhanced cruise fun.

We just docked in cloudy Tenerife, Canary Islands.

Wes,it sounds like a different ship to the last voyage from your report.

please let me know about the wine list when you have a chance.

Archived