? abou Kids getting seasick

mom_22pumpkins

I had planned a trip to Disney in May and now sort of regret that I hadn't considered a cruise vacation first before booking the airfare. But then I found a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas leaving from Port Canaveral for the last 3 nights of our trip.

So we will be in disney 3 nights and then onboard the ship for the next 3. I was all ready to confirm the reservation until my husband said he was violently ill on a sightseeing boat when he was a kid. And I read that children age 2-12 are more prone to becoming seasick. Now I am worried they take after him and become ill and we will be stuck onboard for 3 long days!

I know there's no way to tell whether they will become sick or not unless we try it. But I was just wondering what you're experiences were and if you would recommend trying it or not.

A small "ferry" size boat is NOTHING like a cruise ship!

The younger the child, the less likely they are to suffer motion sickness!

Prevent, rather than treat, motion sickness....if you're prone, start taking something before the cruise starts!

Those ferry/sightseeing boats are probably 30 times smaller than a cruise ship, perhaps even more so. Ferry boats do not have stabilizers and all the modern equipment of cruise ships. Also realize that things today are real different from when your husband was a small child.

See your pediatrician, get something they can take and have it with you. On a ship that size you PROBABLY will not have a problem but best to be prepared.

I had this problem with my 16 year old who had never been car sick or anything and was sicker than anything the entire 10 night cruise. Had to be given IV's in the ships medical center so you just never know, but that certainly is not the norm.

Archived