Costa Mediterranea

cruise1814

How come there are no cruises to book while the ship is in the caribbean??

Same thing last year with the Atlantica do they lease the ship??

Costa ships sailing out of Domrep are basically for the European market, Costa has the two ships positioned in FLL for the US market. The Mediterranea is not available in US as it would be a direct competion with the FLL ships.

Ron

Costa ships sailing out of Domrep are basically for the European market, Costa has the two ships positioned in FLL for the US market. The Mediterranea is not available in US as it would be a direct competion with the FLL ships.

Ron

So you cant sail on those sailings unless your from Europe??

You can take a look at the sailings for the Mediterranea and price in Sterling by going to the Costa site and change Country to (Europe, UK) this gives a cruise only price you want.

As Ron said then book through a UK agent if you can, arranging your own flights/transport.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are from the UK and sailed on the Costa Atlantica from La Romana a couple of years ago. We chose this cruise purely for the itinerary which was fantastic and also because we have sailed with Costa before and knew that they were excellent value for money. However, what I failed to realise beforehand was that the majority of passengers embarked at Guadeloupe and consequently the ship was full of French passengers with only handful of English speaking guests! :mad: OK I don't mind the European feel, but it did seem like the centre of Paris!

However, it hasn't put me off sailing with Costa who are excellent value for money! Be warned the currency even in the Caribbean was in Euros - I suppose it was because it departed from Guadeloupe originally.

I actually sent in a recommendation/request to Costa in regards of making a third ship available to the US market. As the ship is already in the Caribbean, no big deal. Would be a nice change and I'm sure a wonderful itinerary, sailing from LaRomana.

Archived