Liberty with Grand Turk or Freedom 8 day?

jam82

We can't decide. My first choice was the 8 day Freedom with San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. The cabin we want is not availble for the date we want. We are now thinking about the 7 day Liberty with Half Moon Caye, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Any suggestions?

My first thought is: can you not settle on another cabin? And the second is: I have done both intineraries and would find it hard to make a choice. Have you been to all the islands on both, or ??? What do you like to do on shore?

St. Thomas, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay all have good snorkeling.

W/o more information, this is the best I can do.

And aside from that, a certain cabin would never make my decision as I look at all the islands, their shore excursions, the ship - its age/recent refurbs/reviews/etc., but that's just me - we've been on more than 25 cruises so I weigh a lot of factors, but it has never been a cabin.

We can't decide. My first choice was the 8 day Freedom with San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. The cabin we want is not availble for the date we want. We are now thinking about the 7 day Liberty with Half Moon Caye, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. Any suggestions?

jam82,

Tough call. Eight days is better than seven, but Half Moon Cay on the seven day perhaps in the cabin you want...........:o I'd take the itinerary that includes Half Moon Cay any time I had it narrowed down to two choices.

Big time decission......I like Antigua and Tortola on that Freedom cruise and it is 8 days. I also like GT and HMC on the Liberty.....

I'd take the 8 day if the price is close. In Antigua go to Jolly Beach (grab a cab RT) it is great and beautiful. The taxi driver won't even take the money from you til he gets you back to the dock. It was $18 RT....

Tortola is do what I call an oldie but goodie tour....LOL....Do an island tour here if you haven't been. If you decide with this itin I will help you with the name of a very great island cruise guide that has hs own company and is great.

As for the rest of the schedule it is about the same.....

Do the eight nighter if the price is close.....:cool::cool:

Big time decission......I like Antigua and Tortola on that Freedom cruise and it is 8 days. I also like GT and HMC on the Liberty.....

I'd take the 8 day if the price is close. In Antigua go to Jolly Beach (grab a cab RT) it is great and beautiful. The taxi driver won't even take the money from you til he gets you back to the dock. It was $18 RT....

Tortola is do what I call an oldie but goodie tour....LOL....Do an island tour here if you haven't been. If you decide with this itin I will help you with the name of a very great island cruise guide that has hs own company and is great.

As for the rest of the schedule it is about the same.....

Do the eight nighter if the price is close.....:cool::cool:

Just to let you know we rented a private catamaran out of Tortola and sailed over to Jost Van Dyke.....Check this view out......http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/floatie2525/Dream%20Inaugural%20December%203-12%202009/IMG_2102.jpg

Paul, thanks to you and your insight we'll be on Half Moon Cay in 6 weeks and 6 days :)

Truly, last spring I wrote to you and Wennfred and asked between 2 itineraries, and you both said the same things so choosing Liberty's itinerary became a no brainer.

Can't wait to be with my boys on Half Moon Cay thanks to you!!

Happy New Year!

I'd choose ANY itinery that included Half Moon Cay. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

I'd suggest booking one of the cabanas (higher numbered ones are a bit of a walk from the pier, but MUCH less crowded on the beach)

We booked one for 8 people in our group (shhhhh, don't tell Cardinal - even though it's really no big deal becasue they give you only a certain amount of sodas/snacks and it'll keep 8 people happy, anyway).

Lastly - getting off the island can get pretty crowded. If you're lucky enough to be the only ship in port that day, just hang out by the bar near the pier until everyone is finished loading the tenders. The bar staff is from the ship, so they're not leaving without them and you can relax while all they other folks stand in line.

Have a great trip...

You can't go wrong with any of these 2 itineraries. If the prices are similar, I would opt for the 8-day, as it gives you an extra day. But, HMC is one of my personal favorites.

Joanne

Archived