All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

No. Though I s'pose you could order a steak from "The Restaurant" and have it delivered there. The food for the Black Rock Grill comes from the same galley/kitchen as the pool grill lunch.

Thanks Craig.

I can't see a problem getting a steak or chop already done if you ask nicely as they are cooking it partly anyway.The chefs and the kitchen must be the same as for lunchtime, where you can get meat and fish cooked to completion.

I have always had a "can do" response when ordering something different on Silversea and Seabourn.No reason to think otherwise on this ship.

Eric, checked with the Marcello (M'd) of Le Champagne and Jai (M'd) of Seisin for the booking density of each of these specialty restaurants since the Spirit sailed from Lisbon. Le Champange (24 seats) has 14-16 seats filled the first six nights and has been almost full since then 22-24 seats (last night Doug, Lynn, Ida and I dined in LC, Journey through Italy--exceptional presentation, taste, ambiance and service, esp Marcello's knowledge of each pairings backstory--the Tignatello was clearly the wine pour of the evening); Seishin has only been 50% full since sailing. I loved dining there but for $40 pp and the wonderful other dining options will not dine there again (on this sailing). For LC, Marcello recommends those guest wishing reservations to book them during embark day..as

soon thereafter LC will be booked out says Marcello (Malcomb below, believes alot of us for this maiden crossing had large SBC, and thus dined

in LC often)...remember for discount on full degustation menu order two weeks before for 25% off on bon voyage gift (SS website)

Wil, believe you sat next to Gary and Cindy who have a standing rsvn in LC nightly; over drinks in Obsvn Loung w/Gary last night was the first night Cindy and Gary did not dine in LC, they rcvd an invitation to dine w/Capt. Corsaro in the Restaurant. Gary and Cindy also are members of the Disney Restaurant in Calif, and say LC is comparable (meaning Julie is a magnificent chef, like Craig and Wil raved about in earlier posts) Gary was telling Ida and I they love LC and had the chef, Julie le Gallic prepare chile con carne

for him one night (he loved it--spiced to perfection (after dinner, Ida asked Julie for the Chile con carne recipe last nigh and Julie will have it sent to our suite (Ida is makes the best mexican food I have ever tasted--all from scratch) Also,saw Craig and you in Plounge last night just prior to going to dinner and forgot to ask what you think of these pairings for our two (special ordered) upcoming dinners in the Restaurant (Dover sole/Grand Cru Chablis) and Steak Diane (Courcheval)..have to bring my SBC down before we disembark.

Debbie, sunsets are simply magnificent..can't wait for our next seaday as Ida and I have discovered the intimate obsvn lounge to have a pre dinner drink and get mesmerized by the setting sun.

The couple in 646 moved about ten cabins forward in deck six--our new cruise critic friends (Malcomb and Jean) who were in a vista (that flooded due to a fualty veranda sliding door on 4 Jan, were moved into 646) Malcomb and Jean have given me the details of music played each night in the lobby bar.

Re: Internet Cafe..spoke with Paul, the manager this a.m...he believes the cafe needs at least seven more computers, now the internet cafe has seven...many wait for a computer.

Hi Wes,great to read your post.Thanks for the info regarding the dining ratios,I think some guests may not be that adventureous when it comes to the Seishin and raw fish.I would love it.

Paying a surcharge for these will always put some guests off, on an all inclusive line.

Might I suggest the wines for your dinner in the restaurant.

With the dover sole I presume that you are having it plain grilled or Meuniere.

I would choose a Premier Cru Chablis over the Grand Cru but my two favourites would be a Meursault or a Puligny Montrachet.There is ofcourse nothing wrong with a Vintage Champagne for this dish.

For the Steak Diane you need something that will cut through the sauce which contains Dijon Mustard,Brandy,mushrooms,cream and Worcester sauce.As you are on an Italian ship I am sure they will have a good Barolo or an Amerone.Or a Shiraz from Australia will suffice.

Regards

John not Eric :)

John (opps my bad), thank you for the wine recommendations--will see if they are available..would love a chewy/hearty Shiraz; alas the Spirt does not offer depth in the Shiraz's they stock, but will strongly consider a Barolo vs the Courcheval.

I recommend looking for sailings with onboard credit on all the ships if you are still not booked for 2010 because that is a good way to try the specialty restaurants, and there are some good offers right now.

I am amazed at the business of the internet room. There was not ever more than 2 people there on our 11 day sailing. It did not work for 2 days, but I think it was just that the sailing was so port intensive. I can see how on a crossing that it would be different.

The couple in 646 moved about ten cabins forward in deck six
Thank you kindly, Colonel. You mentioned cabins 640 to 646, those are directly above the bar lounge. However, the ship's deck plan shows 640 to 650 to be above that general area. Are 648 and 650 "excepted" or they are no longer affected, being closer to the corner of the bar lounge?

I'd just like to recommend to light sleepers to be careful about how forward you are because of the noise coming in to port. For the regular sleepers out there, it probably is not an issue. I like to be up by 7 anyway, and this is late for me, but it was getitng daylight at 8:30 or so, and I was enjoying the night life. I would have liked to have been just a little further back than 606 where we were.

Copied and pasted from Silversea blog:

15 January 2010

WATCH LIVE WEBCAST OF CHRISTENING CEREMONY

We're just days away from Silver Spirit's arrival in Fort Lauderdale and the excitement is growing!

Please join us here at the Silver Spirit Blog next Thursday, 21 January, at 10:00 a.m. US East Coast time to watch live streaming video of the invitation-only Christening Ceremony.

This time-honoured tradition, elegantly staged in an intimate dockside setting, will feature Silver Spirit Godmother Silvia Lefebvre D'Ovidio, the sister of Silversea Chairman Manfredi Lefebvre D'Ovidio, christening the ship with a balthazar of Drappier champagne (the equivalent of 16 bottles). A smaller replica of the champagne bottle will be auctioned off as a memento during Silver Spirit's Grand Inaugural Voyage to benefit the Maruzza Lefebvre D'Ovidio Foundation, a non-profit organisation spearheaded by Silvia Lefebvre D'Ovidio. A major part of its energy and resources is dedicated to the diffusion of palliative care for children, babies and adolescents affected by incurable disease. For more information on the Foundation, visit http://www.maruzza.org.

Also planned for the Christening Ceremony is a special duet performance of one of the world's most beautiful songs, "The Prayer," by two vocalists from the Florida Grand Opera's Young Artists Programme. Julia Ebner has performed in various roles as soprano with numerous ensembles throughout the US including the Syracuse Opera, Opera North and the Tri-Cities Opera. The featured tenor, David Bailey, recently received his Masters degree from the Manhattan School of Music and has performed with such renowned ensembles as the Skylight Opera, Charlemagne Orchestra in Belgium, and the Utah Festival Orchestra.

So be sure to tune in here next Thursday for a front-row seat at the celebrations to honour Silver Spirit, the new icon of luxury cruising.

They were out of the Aqua. We had the Bvulgari, which I like, but I like glycerin soap since I am allergic to most regular soap, and I love the Aqua one. We could not get the Ferragamo. The butler did not even know the name of it, and we did not either till the blog came out.

They were out of the Aqua. We had the Bvulgari, which I like, but I like glycerin soap since I am allergic to most regular soap, and I love the Aqua one. We could not get the Ferragamo. The butler did not even know the name of it, and we did not either till the blog came out.

I don't think Silversea renewed the agreement with Aqua di Parma. It's Bulgari, Ferragamo and Neutragena now.

In December, 2007, we had Bulgari, Aqua di Parma and Neutragena, we liked Aqua the best. The Bulgari's scent is a little on the strong side, just individual preference.

P.S. Another reminder, if you can get up at 10 a.m. EST (7 a.m. PST), watch Silversea's blog live!

I make that 5pm GMT for those of us in UK - please correct me if I'm wrong somebody! ;)

NO! This is 15:00 (3:00 p.m.) UK/GMT time (5 hours difference vs EST). Silversea did also send e-mails to their registered/Venetian Society members advising of the time and web-cast. Here is the Link:

http://www.silverspiritblog.com/post/2010/01/15/WATCH-LIVE-WEBCAST-OF-CHRISTENING-CEREMONY.aspx

As I mentioned, it was the blog where I had learned the name of the new room products. Our butler had said they were getting something new and he thought they were out of Aqua, but after 3 requests did not come up with it. I think lots of things came in the day we got off the ship. I'll try it next time. I love Bvlgari, I just like to try new things. I want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Archived