Royal Caribbeal Share Owners

I recently finished writting several e-mails to RCCL Corporate because they keep diluting/eliminating our benefits. As an owner of RCCL it upsets me to see them eliminate our owners benerit if we get any other benefit with RCCL. Specifically, the owners credit is not combinable with any other RCCL benefit (e.g. Diamond balcony discount, future cruise booked on board). I also informed them that I was not impressed with the corporate leadership which has run the stock into the ground.

Are there any other owners out there who are fed up with our employes telling us owners what to do?

I recently finished writting several e-mails to RCCL Corporate because they keep diluting/eliminating our benefits. As an owner of RCCL it upsets me to see them eliminate our owners benerit if we get any other benefit with RCCL. Specifically, the owners credit is not combinable with any other RCCL benefit (e.g. Diamond balcony discount, future cruise booked on board). I also informed them that I was not impressed with the corporate leadership which has run the stock into the ground.

Are there any other owners out there who are fed up with our employes telling us owners what to do?

What percent of the company do you "own"?

What percent of the company do you "own"?
Wow, I never realized I am an owner. I have 100 shares, just enough to get the discount, what is my percentage. I am bad at math, need help. To the OP, what other privileges am I entitled to. I am excited.

:D:D:D

This WAS a joke right?

I'm sure that they were put in their place with your comments about their running the stock into the ground. Of course the economy had nothing to do with the fact that numerous stock prices fell dramatically in 2009 or did they also play a role in all of those failures as well? Are you now a bit more impressed with the way they have guided the stock back to respectable levels? :rolleyes: As a stockholder you should understand that allowing people to pile discount upon discount upon discount ultimately has a negative effect on the bottom line. As a cruiser you can rue the fact that they have now reined in this practice, but as an "owner" you might appreciate the fact that they have done so to protect the company's profitability.

The combining of benefits was eliminated as of 1/1/09. This is 2010...... aren't you a little late in your emailing campaign?

I had considered investing but don't feel there's any benefit at this time since the share price has gone up. I fully understand the need for ensuring profitability but feel there should be some perk. $100 OBC does not really cost the company $100. Depending on what is purchased, I'd be willing to bet it's much, much less. And if it were determined that purse strings need to be tightened, why not a reduction in the amount of OBC when combined?

I had considered investing but don't feel there's any benefit at this time since the share price has gone up. I fully understand the need for ensuring profitability but feel there should be some perk. $100 OBC does not really cost the company $100. Depending on what is purchased, I'd be willing to bet it's much, much less. And if it were determined that purse strings need to be tightened, why not a reduction in the amount of OBC when combined?

If they reduced the OBC when combined there would be almost as many complaints. In most business operations, customers are not able to combine discounts and must choose the one that best suits them. RCI has apparently concluded that they should follow the same example.:)

I'm sure that they were put in their place with your comments about their running the stock into the ground. Of course the economy had nothing to do with the fact that numerous stock prices fell dramatically in 2009 or did they also play a role in all of those failures as well? Are you now a bit more impressed with the way they have guided the stock back to respectable levels? :rolleyes: As a stockholder you should understand that allowing people to pile discount upon discount upon discount ultimately has a negative effect on the bottom line. As a cruiser you can rue the fact that they have now reined in this practice, but as an "owner" you might appreciate the fact that they have done so to protect the company's profitability.

Well said. We can't have it both ways.

We use the Diamond balcony discount on RCCL ($200.00) and the stockholder OBC on Celebrity ($350.00 for a 14 day cruise). Yes, it was great when we could stack all of the discounts, but those days are gone. Now, we use whichever is most beneficial. If we cannot find a satisfactory end price on RCCL, we will look at other lines.

That said, we have owned RCCL stock for almost 9 years and cruise at least twice a year. We have paid for our stock from our discounts, so any future cruise usage is gratis.

Invest in Carnival. Stockholder OBC combinable with all discounts. The Early Saving booking options lowers the rate with every promotion and gives you the difference in on board credit. Our 4 night Destiny cruise to celebrate our best friend's B'day ended up costing us $209.00 p.p. for a balcony with $390.00 OBC. Did not use all the credit and came home with $149.00 in pocket. Paid to board the dog. Royal Caribbean, as much as I like their ships, just does not appreciate their stockholders. I really wish they would wake up. Plus, we had an EXCELLENT time on the Destiny!! By the way, we are full-time professional portfolio managers. We sell "puts" to get Carnival stock, and by the time we cruise, we have paid for our cruise in full, and still receive shipboard credits.

In RCL's defense, the stock has made a tremendous rebound from less than $6 just 10 months ago (amid market failure in all industries) to end up in the $25 margin. If the only reason one purchases stock is solely for the benefit of OBC, this is obviously not the best return on your investment. This is particularly true if you bought at more than $10/share...unless you take longer cruises (14+ nights) or multiple cruises per year. RCL is not forcing anyone to continue holding their stock. If you are not happy with the stock - sell it! Then when the price drops, buy it back and sell again, and again, and again. :D

This is what we do.

lol LOL LOL LOL LOL

If you were an owner you wouldn't be unhappy.

Owner of Stock??? ... Welcome to the club of people who've lost money in the market recently.

I guess it all depends on when they bought the stock. If they bought when the stock was slightly more than $5, they are probably celebrating their great good fortune. I hardly thing that the purchase of the 100 shares of RCI stock required to gain the OBC is a significant part of any serious investors stock portfolio. Even those who purchased the stock when it was selling at a higher price might have gotten more than their original purchase price in OBCs over several years and, when the stock was still paying dividends, earned a reasonable return.

If the market continues its turnaround and stock prices continue to rise, what will all those who were preaching doom and gloom only a few months back, come up with to have us all worry about. Perhaps the poster who is worried that South America is about to become the new haven for pirates who will prey on cruise ships in the Caribbean, of the one who is forecasting another Titanic disaster are the harbingers of things to come.:D

The combining of benefits was eliminated as of 1/1/09. This is 2010...... aren't you a little late in your emailing campaign?

Isn't it new that you can't use the balcony discount with the stockholder? I thought that was the ONE thing that could be combined.....shesh!:(

Unfortunately everything that could be combined was eliminated as of 1/1/009.

The only exception to this is if one has a NextCruise booking that was purchased prior to 1/1/09. When that booking is activated, then all eligible benefits will be allowed.

If you have a cruise booked that has a price reduction due to a residency/senior/military/police & fire rate, any of those can be combined with any one benefit that is attached to your booking.

Are you sure it was 1/09? We got to combine our share holder's benefit with the balcony discount last September. We were really disappointed to find out that benefit was gone when we tried to get it for an upcoming cruise. Not sure what I'm going to do with the stock now.

Are you sure it was 1/09? We got to combine our share holder's benefit with the balcony discount last September. We were really disappointed to find out that benefit was gone when we tried to get it for an upcoming cruise. Not sure what I'm going to do with the stock now.

It depends on when the booking was made. We had three cruses in 2009 that we got to combine benefits on because the reservations were made prior to 12/31/08. If you made the reservations prior to the end of 2008 the benefits were combineable, even if sailing in 2009.

If your cruise was booked prior to 1/1/09 for sailing after 1/1/09, then yes you were able to get both the balcony discount and your shareholder's OBC.

If you had a cruise booked prior to 1/1/09 for sailing after 1/1/09 and then had to change the date, you kept the same booking number and therefore kept all of your benefits.

Archived