Updates Please for Rio

chrismch

I've read some threads on the ports section that ships are being delayed in Rio for demarking and embarking. I would like to hear anyone's recent experience at this port. I am trying to set up an independent tour but I have to guarantee at least a 1/2 day fee. I am trying to decide if it is reasonable. Our ship will only be in port till 5 pm.

• 2 weeks later...
I've read some threads on the ports section that ships are being delayed in Rio for demarking and embarking. I would like to hear anyone's recent experience at this port. I am trying to set up an independent tour but I have to guarantee at least a 1/2 day fee. I am trying to decide if it is reasonable. Our ship will only be in port till 5 pm.

We disembarked in Rio on 3 January and had no problems at all. The suitcases were waiting for us. It was very smooth.

We were on the Transatlantic cruise disembarking Rio in December '09- we had no problems leaving the ship. It was very organized. The day before when the ship entered the port of Rio there was a 2 hour delay secondary to a marine parade. Are you doing a private tour? Do they make you pay in advance? We did a private tour but did not pay until we completed the tour.

We were on the Transatlantic cruise disembarking Rio in December '09- we had no problems leaving the ship. It was very organized. The day before when the ship entered the port of Rio there was a 2 hour delay secondary to a marine parade. Are you doing a private tour? Do they make you pay in advance? We did a private tour but did not pay until we completed the tour.

We will be on this TA in Dec. 2010. We would be very interested in learning the name of the tour company you used in Rio and what your itinerary was. Thanks in advance, Marsha

We will be on this TA in Dec. 2010. We would be very interested in learning the name of the tour company you used in Rio and what your itinerary was. Thanks in advance, Marsha

Marsha - send me off an email and I will let you know about a private tour guide that we used in Rio before we sailed on the Insignia. cruiztime at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,

Marion

Archived