Latest booze situation at port in sj!!!

stefo

I don't see why you couldn't. They don't make you take the alcohol out of the bag. Even if they put some kind of sticker on the bag showing that it needs to be checked in, there is plenty of time to just take the sticker off.

We bought ours before boarding. After our rooms were ready we dropped the backpacks off and headed out to get the cokes and sprite. At the CVS they only sell 8 packs of sodas. We got 3 of them and didn't have any trouble bringing it back on.

Thanks for the update. It will be nice to have a few beers in the room for getting ready. Hopefully I can find some of the aluminum bottles while in San Juan.

• 1 month later...

Update. I just returned from my Carnival Valor cruise and yes, I was able to bring aboard 2 6 packs of Bud Light in my backpack. Noone blinked an eye. Others on my rollcall went out to the Port Liquor Store SEVERAL times and had full stocked bars in their rooms. One had so much, her room steward brought her a large cooler full of ice :)

I also had some leftover cans of beer from my precruise condo in my suitcase and they made it on the ship also.

I still purchased alcohol on the ship. These beers were consumed in the room when we returned from our excursions and while getting ready for dinner.

Greeting!

RCI cruiser here. Now that we can take on two bottle of wine to our stateroom I was thinking it would be real convenient to purchase it at the pier during embarcation. Do any of you recall if they sell wine?

Thanks!

Herrbeir

Yes. They sell wine, beer and hard liquor at the Pan American port. The wine selection is very limited, but the ones I chose were good enough for me personally.

BTW: the store is located inside the port after you go through Xray. I brought on my 2 bottles and then left again and brought in 2 more. No problem. Tons of people were shoving liquor bottles (small kind) in their luggage right outside the store, but I didn't go that far. I'm not sure why they are so lax there, but I really didn't see any way they'd know any difference unless you carry it all on at once in the open. RCI didn't seem to be checking. Your mileage may vary . . .

Edited by Koohiichan

Update. I just returned from my Carnival Valor cruise and yes, I was able to bring aboard 2 6 packs of Bud Light in my backpack. Noone blinked an eye. Others on my rollcall went out to the Port Liquor Store SEVERAL times and had full stocked bars in their rooms. One had so much, her room steward brought her a large cooler full of ice :)

I also had some leftover cans of beer from my precruise condo in my suitcase and they made it on the ship also.

I still purchased alcohol on the ship. These beers were consumed in the room when we returned from our excursions and while getting ready for dinner.

So your Bud Light was inside of your backpack, as you went through the security check? Isn't there security at a table afterwards, to take away any liquor? I've seen people write that they just put stuff in backpacks, and keep on walking by that table, before getting on the ship. I just want a small bottle of rum to take aboard.

Yes. They sell wine, beer and hard liquor at the Pan American port. The wine selection is very limited, but the ones I chose were good enough for me personally.

BTW: the store is located inside the port after you go through Xray. I brought on my 2 bottles and then left again and brought in 2 more. No problem. Tons of people were shoving liquor bottles (small kind) in their luggage right outside the store, but I didn't go that far. I'm not sure why they are so lax there, but I really didn't see any way they'd know any difference unless you carry it all on at once in the open. RCI didn't seem to be checking. Your mileage may vary . . .

Thank you very much!

Herrbeir

So your Bud Light was inside of your backpack, as you went through the security check? Isn't there security at a table afterwards, to take away any liquor? I've seen people write that they just put stuff in backpacks, and keep on walking by that table, before getting on the ship. I just want a small bottle of rum to take aboard.

I just had a 6 pack in my backpack and my nephew had a 6 pack in his. We went through security and nothing was said. If they see it, they put a ribbon on the bag but The table actually is on the ship so you have the walkway to "put it" into something or even take the tag off.

Leaving on the Valor in March. Do they sell beer in the liquor store before you board? If so, what kinds have you seen?

I would like to nab a case if possible.:D

Thanks.

There is no beer in the liquor store, just liquor. We bought our beer at the CVS across the street. They had all kinds but we are bud light drinkers and thats what we grabbed. I know I saw Coors Light and Carona and some local beers but really not sure how many more.

A case may be hard to carry on for one person. I would try to divide it between a few people if you can but good luck in trying.

• 2 weeks later...

good to read.:) I want to get some bottled water too. Do you recall if the Pan Am port store sold it? don't seem to remember the one @ CCL pier offering it, have a feeling I'm going to have to find a walgreens/cvs near hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

Was on the Adventure of the Seas last week. Boarded on Feb 16th. Was not able to get duty free bottles on board. They were taken to she ship to be delivered on the last day. They did allow you to buy the little airplane bottles at $2 each and take as many as you wanted.

Edited by Clubber