Hope someone can help with me with an AFT cabin question.

FEckeT

We are thinking about booking either 10168 or 10668 BA AFT cabin (at this point we are looking at the Jewel). Are these rooms identical or a mirror image? Which side of the ship will the head of the bed be on in each one of these rooms? My husband prefers me to sleep be on his right side, but I want to be on the side of the balcony. Just want to know if it would be the same in each of these cabins or the opposite? Thank you for any help you can give us.

We are thinking about booking either 10168 or 10668 BA AFT cabin (at this point we are looking at the Jewel). Are these rooms identical or a mirror image? Which side of the ship will the head of the bed be on in each one of these rooms? My husband prefers me to sleep be on his right side, but I want to be on the side of the balcony. Just want to know if it would be the same in each of these cabins or the opposite? Thank you for any help you can give us.

I can't tell you about 10168 but I have sailed in 10668 on both the Jewel and the Gem. The rooms are identical on both ships. The balcony is great!

As you enter the bathroom is on the left and the head of the bed is against the left wall while facing the balcony. The left hand side of the bed is nearest to the balcony and the right hand side is against the bathroom.

I know this only helps 50% but hopefully someone who has sailed in 10168 will chime in with the other half.

Thank you very much, your reply was a BIG help. From some of the pictures I have seen on these threads of cabin 10168, it appears as if it is a "mirror" image of what you are describing. So if I want to sleep on hubby's right side and still be on the side of the balcony, I guess I will have to book 10168. Again, thank you so much for your quick reply.

for the perfect description to the poster. You beat me to it & did a wonderful job. I agree she should get it & they both will love it. It is a long walk back from the elevator but the people who walk hallways are not back there, so peace & quiet are wonderful. Fall asleep watching the wake is normal, so enjoy it. Just hope the next door neighbor doesn't leave their outdoor light on all night.

I can't tell you about 10168 but I have sailed in 10668 on both the Jewel and the Gem. The rooms are identical on both ships. The balcony is great!

As you enter the bathroom is on the left and the head of the bed is against the left wall while facing the balcony. The left hand side of the bed is nearest to the balcony and the right hand side is against the bathroom.

I know this only helps 50% but hopefully someone who has sailed in 10168 will chime in with the other half.

Just remember that the fish on the carpet swim toward the front of the ship. Depending upon which elevator we used, I would sometimes turn the wrong way, but the swimming fish always got me going to the aft. Have a great cruise.

Nancy

If not, can you ask for them? If so, is there a charge? We only cruised once on Carnival in an inside cabin and we never asked for anything because we did not want to be a bother. Looks like we are booking cabin 10168 on the Jewel. If there is anything else you can think of about this cabin, I would love to hear all about it. Thank you so much.

If not, can you ask for them? If so, is there a charge? We only cruised once on Carnival in an inside cabin and we never asked for anything because we did not want to be a bother. Looks like we are booking cabin 10168 on the Jewel. If there is anything else you can think of about this cabin, I would love to hear all about it. Thank you so much.

Yes, there are supposed to be robes in balcony cabins and above, but at the rate NCL is taking things away, by the time I finish typing this my answer may be wrong.

Archived