Carnival VIP status

smile1234

Can anyone tell me if the VIP status we receive with booking a suite gives us priority disembarking? I was able to find on the Carnival website about embarking but not getting off. If anyone knows where i can find this info please let me know. Thanks in advance?

Can anyone tell me if the VIP status we receive with booking a suite gives us priority disembarking? I was able to find on the Carnival website about embarking but not getting off. If anyone knows where i can find this info please let me know. Thanks in advance?

Erica,

We just got off the Dream and disembarking went so fast, you did not need priority disembarking. We were in the grand suite and priorty disembarking was not offered.

Kathie

The way it works is that crew gets off first, Platinum cruisers next, than people who are taking all there luggage off with them, After that you will be called off by zone number. If you put your luggage out in the hall the night before, you get a number in your cabin the last sea day to put on your luggage. If you have a suite, your get a low zone number. When you hear your number, you walk off the ship.

We will also be in a suite on our next cruise but will have a rather late flight. If they give us a low debarkation number, can we still get off late. I would rather sit on my balcony and enjoy the cruise as long as possible.

j

We will also be in a suite on our next cruise but will have a rather late flight. If they give us a low debarkation number, can we still get off late. I would rather sit on my balcony and enjoy the cruise as long as possible.

j

Me too. We live near the port and was having someone pick us up. We were not in a rush to leave the ship and of course we received a low disembarkation number. I just went to the purser's desk and asked for a later number. He asked which I would like and I told him I want to be the last one off the ship ;). No problem!

I don't think you should disembark later than your number 'cuz I believe they group the luggage by that number. Also, you don't want your luggage just sitting around for a long time.

I don't think you should disembark later than your number 'cuz I believe they group the luggage by that number. Also, you don't want your luggage just sitting around for a long time.

We always leave later than our # called. Why get off with the rest of the crowd with everyone filing from all of the corridors to get thru one door. You just have to wait for the people to be "ding'ed" out and then after you get your luggage, you have to wait at customs.

We go to a public area that is above the lobby area and watch the people filing out and getting frustrated at the wait.

If you wait until most of the passengers have left, then there is hardly a line anywhere and you will be able to find your luggage easier. :)

Plus, the later we disembark, the less likely we will end up in the morning rush hour traffic.

• 1 month later...
Erica,

We just got off the Dream and disembarking went so fast, you did not need priority disembarking. We were in the grand suite and priorty disembarking was not offered.

Kathie

Hi Minnesotalady! I was trying to figure out how to email you directly so I think I sent you a friend request instead. :) Anyway, we are looking to book the Carnival Dream Grand Suite this coming November but I'm having a hard time finding pictures of what it looks like. The Carnival website doesn't offer a floorplan/diagram like some of the other cruise websites do. Could you tell me a little bit about it? From the photo it doesn't seem very big.... and is it all one big room or is the bed in a separate "room" area? Thanks so much for any information!!

Karen

Hi Minnesotalady! I was trying to figure out how to email you directly so I think I sent you a friend request instead. :) Anyway, we are looking to book the Carnival Dream Grand Suite this coming November but I'm having a hard time finding pictures of what it looks like. The Carnival website doesn't offer a floorplan/diagram like some of the other cruise websites do. Could you tell me a little bit about it? From the photo it doesn't seem very big.... and is it all one big room or is the bed in a separate "room" area? Thanks so much for any information!!

Karen

Not pictures but at least the S. F. ... maybe minnesotalady will post pics too.

Not pictures but at least the S. F. ... maybe minnesotalady will post pics too.

THANKS so much for the quick reply. I couldn't find that little floor plan that makes it so easy to see. And to see the square footage helps too.. Seems pretty big but compared to other "Grand Suites" on other lines, it's kind of like a bigger standard room.

thanks again for the info!!

Karen

We had an OS on the Victory. They gave us zone 1, but we didn't want to get off that early. So we asked if we could get off later. They sent us more tags for zone 7. It was still too early, since we booked an afternoon flight on the advice given here on CC. By the time we had breakfast in the MDR and went back to get our carry on stuff we were past the time. The nice thing was that we didn't have to sift through piles and piles of luggage. It was all right there waiting at our zone. We saw lots of people searching and searching through mounds of luggage. Not fun. We had tons of time at the airport but that was only because our flight went to Tortola instead of the US, so no line ups. That's why we were in no hurry. Otherwise, early disembarkation can be a real advantage.

We had an OS on the Victory. They gave us zone 1, but we didn't want to get off that early. So we asked if we could get off later. They sent us more tags for zone 7. It was still too early, since we booked an afternoon flight on the advice given here on CC. By the time we had breakfast in the MDR and went back to get our carry on stuff we were past the time. The nice thing was that we didn't have to sift through piles and piles of luggage. It was all right there waiting at our zone. We saw lots of people searching and searching through mounds of luggage. Not fun. We had tons of time at the airport but that was only because our flight went to Tortola instead of the US, so no line ups. That's why we were in no hurry. Otherwise, early disembarkation can be a real advantage.

Just because you have zone 1, doesn't mean that you have to disembark when they call your zone #. You can leave anytime after it is called. This is what I do.

Archived