Is speciality dining worth it?

Jo and Rob

We have tried Sabatini's twice and Crown Grill once. The first time at Sabatini's was better than the second, mainly due to the menu. We were very impressed with the Crown Grill. Both are nice, special experiences with some impressive presentation and great dishes.

You can be perfectly content to eat all your meals in the MDR and other venues, so don't feel like this is an absolute must-do. Do try the international cafe, it's great in the mornings or for a light lunch.

I've tried both and enjoyed them both, but in my opinion neither of these restaurants are worth the extra $100 ($25.00 cover pp, $20 Tip, + wine or drinks) especially when you can get a nice meal in the main dining room. I would rather spend my $100 somewhere else.

Agree 100%.

I've read on other (Chef's Table) threads that the DINE line doesn't go "active" untill 1pm. So I was planning on waiting till then........

I'm sure glad I caught your tip. I'll be trying the first House Phone I see!!!!

If you get on board very early you may find the DINE line is not answering and there is only a recorded message. In that case nip down to the Purser's Desk and tell them you want to be listed for the Chef's Table. The purser should then write that in their log and it should be processed. Just to make sure phone the DINE line too. You may then end up with two reservations but at least you can turn one down, as happened to us.

We always do the steak house irregardless of what is be called. Crown Grill, Sterlings, Ruth Chris, Bayou Grill, Morton's or what ever. We generally only do Sabatini's when one of the kids are on the ship or are with someone.

For sure will do both probably more than once in April. But also love MDR and the ESCRAGOT:eek:.

In are opinions the steak house rivals the upscale ones here but we have a new one to try now so will see.

Archived