? regarding what to wear/pack

glee35

First time cruiser here, leave on Feb 12 on a 3 day to Nassau/coco cay........

1...I read somewhere that towels were provided for when you get off the ship...is that true. or do some of you still pack a towel and beach bag??

I dont plan on doing alot of swimming in feb unless the weather changes, but I would like to get into the crystal clear water a little if possible.

2....what to wear.............day of boarding......we are driving in that morning from the ATL and I will most likely be in jeans/tshirt in the car all day, is that ok to walk around until we get our luggage?? I thought I read somewhere that you wont see alot of jeans?

3....walking around the ship/getting off in nassau.....shorts/tshirts ok or what????

I'm ok on formal nights and other dinner clothes, but we are usually tshirt/shorts/sandals kind of people..

Thanks

You may take the pool towels ashore on any excursion, whether it's ship sponsored or on your own. If you bring your own towels, they'll never dry or be clean...icky! Use the ship's towels. We do bring a small beach bag to carry our book, sunscreen, etc... in.

If it's a Caribbean cruise, you really won't see many jeans...they're hot and not tropical! Most folks will be in shorts (weather permitting) or cotton slacks, capris, etc....

Yes, shorts, tees in Nassau are fine. That attire is fine for all times except dinner!

First time cruiser here, leave on Feb 12 on a 3 day to Nassau/coco cay........

1...I read somewhere that towels were provided for when you get off the ship...is that true. or do some of you still pack a towel and beach bag??

I dont plan on doing alot of swimming in feb unless the weather changes, but I would like to get into the crystal clear water a little if possible.

2....what to wear.............day of boarding......we are driving in that morning from the ATL and I will most likely be in jeans/tshirt in the car all day, is that ok to walk around until we get our luggage?? I thought I read somewhere that you wont see alot of jeans?

3....walking around the ship/getting off in nassau.....shorts/tshirts ok or what????

I'm ok on formal nights and other dinner clothes, but we are usually tshirt/shorts/sandals kind of people..

Thanks

I can't help with the towels, but the clothing -- sounds like you'll be just fine. The dinner dress code on all lines is pretty relaxed the first day, to accommodate folks that don't get their luggage, or are late, or whatever, so jeans and t shirts will be fine. And since you're going to "beach country", seems like what you've described will be all that you'll need.

Have a great cruise!

You'll see many, many people in blue jeans & tees on Monarch on boarding day.

If we ever get through this cold snap and the weather is nice on the day you drive down, pack a pair of shorts/change of clothes in your carry on bag and change in the cabin. On a warm day there were be plenty of people who put on their swimsuits and hang out by the pool for sailaway.

Of course if you don't pack too much then you can just carry on all of your luggage and then you'll have choices of different things to wear.

Enjoy Monarch!

You'll be fine on the day of boarding in jeans and a tee shirt. Last cruise, we flew from NY, and we were wearing jeans and tees, as were many of the other guests. We got our luggage really early, so we were able to change fairly quickly, but plenty of people in jeans.

Yep, on NCL we see a lot of people in jeans on embarkation. A t-shirt might not be the nicest option, but people will be wearing them.

If I was flying straight in from WI, I'd be wearing nice jeans, nice shirt and a lightweight cardigan. It would make me feel the most comfortable style wise and temperature wise in both locales.

Because we always come in at least a day early, I usually wear capris and a nice (yet fairly casual) top to board, with a cardigan depending on weather. Didn't need it in LA last year nor in San Juan previously. Have needed the sweater in New Orleans and Florida.

Archived