What time is the BBQ served on half moon cay?

awcruiser

Lunch is normally served from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM.

I have seen lemonade and iced tea served, however, that can vary from ship to ship.

Alan, on your cruise, that was the time frame used last year, I still have the HMC program from last year.

• 1 month later...

I've seen a few posts about a 'free' bbq on Half Moon Cay. Any good? How different is it than what you get if you do the Oasis?

If you rent a regular cabana and get the butler upgrade, do you get much more than free drinks? Sounds like the lunch is the same as the 'free' bbq, but maybe that it's brought to you, right?

Maybe I'm missing something... :eek:

The BBQ consisted of burgers, hotdogs and chicken from what I remember. There were side dishes as well such as salds and rice. There were deserts available such as cookies, brownies, slices of loaf cake. There was also a variety of fruit available. The drinks offered for free were lemonade and ice tea.

• 1 month later...

We were in HMC Nov 08, Nov 09 and will return Dec 10. Food is OK. personally don't think it is that great. Imagine BBQing for 1,500 or more. It is more quantity over quality. One year the ribs were good, the other year not so good. Burgers are ok. fish, hot dogs, sausage, chips, fruit. chocolate cookies and brownies. the brownies are the BEST. I have to remember this year to bring some back to the room. the BEST. free drinks I think were water and ice tea, don't remember seeing the lemonade others have mentioned, must check for it in Dec. We bring our own water bottles from the ship to keep the toddlers hydrated. I believe they ring a bell when lunch is ready. it is an absolute MAD HOUSE in the beginning.

tons of people and lines. In 2009, learned to wait at least 30 mins after the bell so those early people already have their food and it isn't so crowded. There are lots of picnic benches so no worries about not having a place to sit/eat.

I've seen a few posts about a 'free' bbq on Half Moon Cay. Any good? How different is it than what you get if you do the Oasis?

If you rent a regular cabana and get the butler upgrade, do you get much more than free drinks? Sounds like the lunch is the same as the 'free' bbq, but maybe that it's brought to you, right?

Maybe I'm missing something... :eek:

The same items on the BBQ menu PLUS some are served at the Oasis. I know I had some BBQ shrimp as well as a couple burgers, ribs and a hot dog. The food is not cooked at the main BBQ and brough over. You have your own chef in the Oasis. We had the head chef from the Pinnacle Grill cooking for us. He started with the same main ingredients as teh main BBQ, but added his own touch. He marinated the chicken in wine he got from the bartender as well as mint and some fruit that were part of what was put out as appitizers. They will make you whatever and however much you want when you want it. On top of that the waitresses wont let you lift a finger to help yourself...They practically fought to run in front of me to serve me a piece of pie that I was going to just get for myself!

In a "regular" cabana you are brought food from the main BBQ, so no extra menu items are included.

Archived