Hairdresser Question

ginder11

Do they actually do a better job than most local places? I cheap out at home and go to a hair school for $15. They wash, cut and style ;) Either I do that before the cruise and let them style it on the formal night. Or I'll do a wash/cut/style on the formal night... which is the first full day of the cruise. Decisions decisions...

"Better job than most local places?"

I think it depends on the individual skill of the operator, no matter the location.

I so agree!! I was at one time going to one operator who charged $60 for a wash and set. Now the place that I go to now charge $15 for the same wash and set and the ladies there do a 10 times better job!!!

When I was younger I decided to use, I believe it was JCpennys hair salon, because I figured they had to have better stylists than the cheaper places... Well the lady misunderstood when I said "layered shoulder length hair," and OMG I was almost in tears when I saw my hair. I now understand the difference between short and long layers and ALWAYS tell my stylists my dislike of short hair so it never happens again LOL

I had my hair washed and blown dry twice on the Diamond Princess ( Oct '08) and both times it cost me $42 and was awful. Even though I can make a moderately decent job I really don't like doing my own hair, so after the first time I carefully booked another operator and it was even worse than the first time. Lesson learned. On our next cruise on the Grand I will make sure I have with me a UK to US adaptor so that I can use my own tongs, etc. and forgo my treat of a salon hairdo.

Ros

Now you're making me think about having them do my hair for the formal night! Disney actually has their prices on their site and show from $30 for a hair style. For hair wash, cut and style is $52 and blow dry is $30.

If this is what the ship charges, this is a pretty good deal. I pay more than this at home. Of course, my stylist knows my hair and I know her reputation and have used her for years.

Archived