NCL Star - Food Pics!!

Ilivetogo

• 2 weeks later...

Another "Thank you" for the food pics. Everything pictured looked great, and you really did justice to NCL with your photo presentation.

After reading through several food threads, to attempt to get a consensus opinion of which cruise line has the best cuisine, it appears as if NCL ranks near the bottom as far as cuisine goes.

If the photos you took of NCL's food tasted nearly as good as it looked, then I would say that you did NCL a big favor in promoting their cuisine. At least, in my mind anyway.

Thanks for posting the pix. I love food when I cruise. All other times too. The Star is coming to Tampa next year so this gives me an idea of the looks of the food.

On the Beef Wellington pic that is a slice beef of some sort that looks roasted just the way I like it but, it's not Beef Wellington. Beef Wellington is covered with a mushroom duxel and then wrapped with a pastry and baked. It is wonderful and one of my favorites.....I hope they have it onboard....

I could dine all of these items' pictures posted. And they are good. Maybe not excellent, but good. I don't know how anyone could post the food is awful. Maybe not up to their favorite restaurant at home, but surely as good as Denny's. When steak is on the menu every night, I consider that fine upscale dining. At least you weren't served hot dogs and popcorn, something a movie theater would serve. Or a cheap cheese pizza. You won't go hungry....

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you all liked the pics!!

I, too, have a hard time understanding why someone would say the food is not good. Everything we had was wonderful (unless, of course, it was simply something you didn't like - but that's not the food's fault).

I'm hoping to go on another NCL cruise very soon (fingers crossed) and if I do, I'll do the same posting again!! Woo!

• 4 weeks later...
Good news! We ARE booked on another cruise ... this time on the EPIC. (End of August) I'm SO excited!! You can be sure I'll post another "foodie" thread again. Keep watch in early September!!! :D

Congrats on the new cruise. That should be amazing. I will watch for the new pics.

My upload didn't seem to work, so I will need to fix it, but my pictures of food from my Sky cruise will be here:

And the menus I got pics of are here:

Here's a pasta shot to hold people over until then ...

4539072331_86072d150c.jpg

Congrats on the new cruise. That should be amazing. I will watch for the new pics.

My upload didn't seem to work, so I will need to fix it, but my pictures of food from my Sky cruise will be here:

And the menus I got pics of are here:

Here's a pasta shot to hold people over until then ...

4539072331_86072d150c.jpg

Yummy Ann!! That looks so good! Doesn't help that it's lunchtime and I'm hungry ... :rolleyes:

Yummy Ann!! That looks so good! Doesn't help that it's lunchtime and I'm hungry ... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know, DS never gave me a chance to taste it. He liked it. I think he had it 2 or 3 times over the 4 days. :)

Here's another one for all of you. All my food and menu pics are up now also here ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/alwweb/collections/72157623872264468/

Coq au Vin

4539710732_8841bccf29.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to go on my cruise vacation. You gave me an idea to document my entire cruise as well. This is my first trip. So excited.

Have a great time on the Sky. We enjoyed our trip on the Sky very much. I have a couple of the Dailies up on Flickr as well now. You can use the link from a couple of posts back to find them. I may even get the rest of the Dailies uploaded this weekend. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! Can you say yummmm? Did the food taste as good as it looks? I see you had a lot of Mexican food huh?

Kelly

Yep! Food was great!! We did go to the Mexican restaurant one night. It was yummy. I have to admit, however, that the Mexican chocolate cake was truly yuccky. Not a single one of us girls liked it one bit. Also, the fried fish from Blue Lagoon was all fried dough and barely any fish. I didn't get it a second time.

My 9 y/o son got the steak with peppercorn gravy (fries on the side) about 4-5 nights in a row. (Once he discovered it.) He LOVED it - and he's a rather picky eater.

We're heading out on the Epic at the end of August so I'll post the food pics from there also. :D

Archived