?? about cabin prices

holleygirl75

I am booked on the 5/2/10 repositioning cruise on he CB. When checking the princess site, i notices the prices of the category DD and C OV cabins cost more than all of the balcony cat cabins. also, the OV cabins are waitlisted. who would deposit a wailisted room for more money? Does this happen often. I just wonder if anyone knows the patterns in rates.

I am booked on the 5/2/10 repositioning cruise on he CB. When checking the princess site, i notices the prices of the category DD and C OV cabins cost more than all of the balcony cat cabins. also, the OV cabins are waitlisted. who would deposit a wailisted room for more money? Does this happen often. I just wonder if anyone knows the patterns in rates.

I booked 2 interior staterooms on this cruise. The price for the interiors went up $50 as of the first of January. The OV and balconies went down. I think it has something to do with the Balcony Bonanza promo. Also most people who book a cruise are not obsessed with the price drops like cc members are. I know I never was until I found this forum. Once they book they probably don't look back. I am sure if they knew that they could have a balcony for $250 less than an Ocean View they would rebook.

In 2006 I was in a DD obsturcted ocean view on the Emerald deck. It is not worth $829. I know I didn't pay that much for mine.

It is all about inventory control. When one category is selling faster than others, the price is manipulated to drive customers to the category that is lagging. You are correct. Why pay a premium for an inside or ocean view when you can have a balcony?

Archived