travel agent

cweed

we booked a cruise with a TA from a large travel agency. However, I have contacted this agent three times to ask a question regarding our trip and three times she has said she would get back to me with the information and to date I have not had my questions answered. This trip is quite expensive and we are concerned with the level of service. We are thinking of cancelling this trip and re-booking with another agent/agency. I am not sure if this is even possible without losing money - the trip is not until October - we have only put down the first deposit. If anyone has had this experience we would appreciate feedback. Thank you

we booked a cruise with a TA from a large travel agency. However, I have contacted this agent three times to ask a question regarding our trip and three times she has said she would get back to me with the information and to date I have not had my questions answered. This trip is quite expensive and we are concerned with the level of service. We are thinking of cancelling this trip and re-booking with another agent/agency. I am not sure if this is even possible without losing money - the trip is not until October - we have only put down the first deposit. If anyone has had this experience we would appreciate feedback. Thank you

Check to see if this agency charges a cancellation fee before you do anything. Even if they don't, you should ask to speak to a supervisor or manager in the agency office and report your experience to see if something can be done to improve the service you are receiving. Most agencies depend heavily on word of mouth to get more business and a good agency is not going to want dissatisfied clients out there telling others of their bad experiences with the agency. If you do have to go through with this booking, begin even now looking for another agency which will give you better service in the future. Not all agents or agencies are created equal and there are many out there that will offer you the service and professionalism you deserve.

What I would do is go over his/her head and ask to speak to a supervisor!! Tell the Supervisor that unless they make things right, your gonna complain to the cruise line you booked your cruise with. Even if the cruise wasn't an expensive one, it gives them no right to provide such poor customer service! If you aren't going until October, you should still be able to pull out of the deal with no loss BUT check your agreement contract 1st. If you CAN pull out without money loss, threaten to do that to the TA supervisor. There's alot of TA/Cruise agency's out there drooling for your business!! Good Luck!

I would cancel and rebook directly with the cruise and cut out the middle man. You will keep control over your reservation and be able to call the cruise directly and resolve any issues or ask any questions. You also will be safe in knowing all your money went to the cruise line and not a TA that may be going out of business or bankrupt taking your money with them.

You don't have to cancel the reservation and make a new one. There is a form you can fax in to Royal Caribbean in order to request that the reservation is transferred from one TA to another. I'd call RCI and ask them about it or check the Customer Support section of their website to see if you can find the form. I just had to submit one in order to take my old TA off of a Next Cruise Reservation since she's no longer in the business. Supposedly, it takes about 4 days to process the request so we'll see how it all comes out.

Did you do your research about this agent before you used her??? Call the company and ask someone there if they charge a cancellation fee. If they do...then call the manager of the agency and ask to be reassigned to another agent who will take care of you.

Always research your agent before using them.

You don't have to cancel the reservation and make a new one. There is a form you can fax in to Royal Caribbean in order to request that the reservation is transferred from one TA to another. I'd call RCI and ask them about it or check the Customer Support section of their website to see if you can find the form. I just had to submit one in order to take my old TA off of a Next Cruise Reservation since she's no longer in the business. Supposedly' date=' it takes about 4 days to process the request so we'll see how it all comes out.[/quote']

There is information on the cruiseline's website for the Travel Agent Transfer Form. You can request that your booking be transferred anytime prior to final payment, or prior to your booking being paid in full.

In my eyes, the proper way to handle this would be to contact the agency and ask to speak to the office manager/supervisor. Explain your concerns and see if they can get things back on track to your satisfaction. Don't start with a threatening attitude and I bet you will find that the office manager will be eager to please and may throw you in a perk for the problems you encountered with that particuliar TA. If after this attempt you are still dissatisfied, then it is time to advise the agent/manager/supervisor that you are transferring your booking to the cruiseline direct. Make sure to check out their cancellation fee's if they impose those on their clients.

I would cancel and rebook directly with the cruise and cut out the middle man. You will keep control over your reservation and be able to call the cruise directly and resolve any issues or ask any questions.

I agree....I wouldn't even both with a supervisor. I'd be done with that company.

You have received excellant advise regarding speaking to someone higher up, you don't want to cancel this crusie to book with another agency unless you can maintain your existing Reserv by transferring to another agency. If you have to drop this reservation, have one on hold thru the cruise lines. There are many more excellant TA's then bad, its the bad ones that ruin it for the honest ones.

Archived