Docking in Ijmuiden during Sail Amsterdam

Dear luvsailing,

Here is the email address for Rudy's Taxi Service:

info@rudystaxicompany.nl

Give him a couple of days to respond, but he was the quickest to respond of all the taxi companies that I contacted. I even talked to him on the phone and seems quite accommodating. I think he has a website. Try googling Rudy's taxi service. I may be wrong, but I think so. It was a few months ago we arranged this. I just heard from him today as I had to email him about our change in dock. It was not a problem.

We are paying cash if that makes a difference to you. Good luck.

Pearl

We are paying cash if that makes a difference to you. Good luck.

Thanks Pearl. I appreciate the information and will contact them. Thanks for your quick response.

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Regatta due to dock someplace in Amsterdam on August 21, 2010. Information from one of our group for another excursion in another port has found out that the Regatta will dock now at the Beringhaven in Westport instead of VCK. Ine, can you check this out? I guess we will just tell the taxi company again that our dock has changed. I understand that there are many logistical items to arrange, but the third change is a little frustrating for those of us who are trying to set plans.

Ine, if this information is correct, how difficult will this be to get into Amsterdam and back out? We are still going to use the taxi, but there might be those who might try to rely on public transportation. Is there any available?

Again, thanks to anyone with information.

Pearl

INE ! ! !

THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!!

We found your advise most helpful when we docked in the thriving Metropolis of Ijmuiden ! ! !

We got to the train staion and it was quite easy getting to Haarlem and Delft. Trains were easy to do and go everywhere you need.

Thank You AGAIN..

By the way the two hardest words for people to speak are "PLEASE" and "THANK YOU"

Julie and Dick:cool:

We will be on the Regatta due to dock someplace in Amsterdam on August 21, 2010. Information from one of our group for another excursion in another port has found out that the Regatta will dock now at the Beringhaven in Westport instead of VCK.

Pearl

Looks like in the same area :confused:

http://www.portofamsterdam.nl/smartsite.dws?id=218&kaart=ns_Westhaven_gr.jpg

INE ! ! !

THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!!

We found your advise most helpful when we docked in the thriving Metropolis of Ijmuiden ! ! !

We got to the train staion and it was quite easy getting to Haarlem and Delft. Trains were easy to do and go everywhere you need.

Thank You AGAIN..

By the way the two hardest words for people to speak are "PLEASE" and "THANK YOU"

Julie and Dick:cool:

Glad to help you. Good to read you enjoyed your stay in NL.

We will be on the Regatta due to dock someplace in Amsterdam on August 21, 2010. Information from one of our group for another excursion in another port has found out that the Regatta will dock now at the Beringhaven in Westport instead of VCK. Ine, can you check this out? I guess we will just tell the taxi company again that our dock has changed. I understand that there are many logistical items to arrange, but the third change is a little frustrating for those of us who are trying to set plans.

Ine, if this information is correct, how difficult will this be to get into Amsterdam and back out? We are still going to use the taxi, but there might be those who might try to rely on public transportation. Is there any available?

Pearl

I was off-line a few days (was in hospital), so I am now reading your question. According the PTA website your ship will dock at the VCK terminal. Some docks are mentioned by name or by streetname which can be confusing.

Maybe you can send an e-mail to this address of the PTA: info@ptamsterdam.com <info@ptamsterdam.com>\and check with them again for be 100% sure.

We were in Ijmuiden last month and it seems that the fast ferry is the way to go into Amsterdam. We took the train to Delft and had to call a taxi each way. It wasn't horrible (@14euro IIRC) but was a little hassle as the station in Ijmuiden doesn't have a ticket booth and one needs coins (or change at least) to make the ticket machine work. We were renegades and rode to Haarlem and bought our tickets there, but at a little risk.

Archived