what do people wear on their feet?

Jo and Rob

Some wear Geekenstocks. :eek:

LOVE THIS.......

Hey!!!!!!! We resemble that remark and are proud to be from San Francisco (please don't call it Frisco) in the 60's.

Have never heard them called that before but it is very accurate as both of us sit here with a laptop each in a wireless household!

To the Original Poster.........No rules except on formal night! (trust me you don't want to go there as you will get slammed with tons of opinions lol), no bathing suits except in pool areas, just common sense stuff.

Wear what feels good to you. And by all means enjoy your hard earned holiday!

Lin

love this.......

Hey!!!!!!! We resemble that remark and are proud to be from san francisco (please don't call it frisco) in the 60's.

Have never heard them called that before but it is very accurate as both of us sit here with a laptop each in a wireless household!

To the original poster.........no rules except on formal night! (trust me you don't want to go there as you will get slammed with tons of opinions lol), no bathing suits except in pool areas, just common sense stuff.

Wear what feels good to you. And by all means enjoy your hard earned holiday!

Lin

:d :d :d

What do I wear on my feet? Shoes?!! I do try to wear shoes with non-slip soles, as the decks can get slippery from time to time. But otherwise, I don't think it matters much. Some "dress codes" do stipulate no flip-flops in the dining room at dinner, but other than that, pretty much whatever is comfortable for you.

crocs are fine, just make sure it is a decent pair, the ones I was wearing had pretty worn tread on the heel and I slipped on the wet deck. Totally caught me off guard as I often wear them boating and never had a problem. so I bought a new pair and I'm good to go :)

I wear tevas on the ship most of the time. Nice pair of leather sandals for all dinners and hiking shoes for shore excursions.

From the discussion here, maybe I should just wear my tevas to dinner as well and leave the leather sandals home :D

I take all 6 pairs of Crocs, :D all different colors (I really should get a pair of Navy crocs to take with me), with me plus my two pairs of sandals. I do wear my sandals on the formal nights, with the appropriate color of socks; I'm diabetic so my ankles tend to swell up :eek: by late afternoon - evening. I don't take closed toe shoes with me on cruises.

Crocks are great, but I would suggest being sensible! We were stupid enough to climb Mt. Vesuvius while wearing crocks. Do you know how quickly volcanic ash (rocks) can turn your feet into something resembling ground beef?

But we looked "fashionable" and the "view" was spectacular! LOL

Crocs Islanders are, to me, near-perfect cruise shoes. Protective enough to hike around in, great to wear in the wet. The "near" though is because, as another poster pointed out, the Croslite is really slippery on wet decks.

I love my crocs but have not taken them on a cruise(don't know why!!!!) I usually just wear Nike,or other rubber sandals around pool and depends on what we do off shore usually good pair of tennis shoes. Flip flops during the day around and about on the ship. A bit dressier shoes for the dining rooms.

I take four pairs of shoes on every cruise:

Sandals...................My sandal of choice is made by Merrill

Black dress shoes.....For formal dress nights. Mid-heeled sling backs

Walking shoes..........For shore excursions. Mine are by New Balance

Neutral colored.........For smart casual dress nights. Light beige, low wedge slides

casual dress shoes

Keens :D No slip, airy and you don't kick your toesies :p Like a few posters have said the decks can get slippery if you have no tread on your undersoles. Tried, tested and true that is! :eek: Now it's just Keens :D

I put sparkles on them for formal night (joking)

Archived