Sky MDR questions

alwalaska

I know you don't have to make reservations for the main dining room, but if you know you want to go at a specific time and you don't want to wait, can you make reservations?

Thanks.

In my experience, admittedly not on the Sky, unless you are on the VIP list, generally no, except for non-peak hours where you don't need them anyway.

It is conceivable that the Sky's HD runs his ship differently than the ones I've been on, making my answer useless.

we just got off the Sky yesterday after a 3 day to Bahamas. I've been thinking about writing up a critique as there were +'s and -'s.

We did not see where you could make reservations for the MDR...saw some folks waiting with beepers in hand... not too many

We didn't eat in the MDR beyond lunch. Ate at the 3 specialties Le Bistro ($25), Cagney's ($25) and Il Adagio ($10). Food was very good in all 3, service was top notch.

What did impress me was at Il Adagio, you could select all your courses from a very good menu versus on the Princess Sabitini's which is from a fixed menu.

we just got off the Sky yesterday after a 3 day to Bahamas. I've been thinking about writing up a critique as there were +'s and -'s.

We did not see where you could make reservations for the MDR...saw some folks waiting with beepers in hand... not too many

We didn't eat in the MDR beyond lunch. Ate at the 3 specialties Le Bistro ($25), Cagney's ($25) and Il Adagio ($10). Food was very good in all 3, service was top notch.

What did impress me was at Il Adagio, you could select all your courses from a very good menu versus on the Princess Sabitini's which is from a fixed menu.

If you have the time, I would love to see your critique as well as any recommendations you have. We are on the 4 night, but I am sure there are a lot of similarities.

Is there anything that you were disappointed in? What is the number one thing that you are glad that you did? I am on the Sky this Friday. Can't wait! Did you make it to NCL's island? I've just read posts about it not happening at times.

opps , just a simple word can change the whole idea or sentence ,

they will tell you that you DONT A need reservation , if u insist , they will insist as well

so , make a 6 minutes line , thats all it takes

Is there a yahoo interpreter out there? Maybe I am REALLY slow but I still don't know what the hell he is talking about:confused:. "make a 6 minutes line , thats all it takes"...what...oh never mind, this isn't worth the headache!

it is typical to have the longer MDR lines on a 3 and 4 day cruise...mainly because everyone is almost on the same time schedule...ESPECIALLY on that day at GSC. i'm not saying there aren't long lines on 7+ day cruises...but there is more time to "opt" to do other things.

my DW and i pretty much decide if we need to eat early or eat late. the rush hour time can be problematic especially if you are more than just a couple. a table of 4 is usually ok...not much of a wait.

need to catch the show? snack in the buffet...then eat dinner after the show.

it is typical to have the longer MDR lines on a 3 and 4 day cruise...mainly because everyone is almost on the same time schedule...ESPECIALLY on that day at GSC. i'm not saying there aren't long lines on 7+ day cruises...but there is more time to "opt" to do other things.

my DW and i pretty much decide if we need to eat early or eat late. the rush hour time can be problematic especially if you are more than just a couple. a table of 4 is usually ok...not much of a wait.

need to catch the show? snack in the buffet...then eat dinner after the show.

I know it varies, but is the rush really at 6-7 or does it start a little later? We usually like to eat early, even on a cruise, but since the dining rooms don't open until 5:30-6:00, we obviously can't go until 5:30 or 6.

I just think it is a pain to have a pager and wait to eat. We typically eat out here at home early on the weekends so we can avoid the crowds.

We only received a pager once last year. It was on the last night and we arrived at the MDR a little later than normal. We used the time to do some preliminary packing. We eat early and as I recall we would arrive around 6 most nights and never had much of a wait.

Archived