Wine Package Questions

zaku290

Hello!:)

We will take our first cruise end of February 2010 on Oasis of the Seas. I would like to know a little bit more about the wine packages offered by Royal Caribbean. What are the advantages? Can I share one package with my wife or do I have to buy another one? Do we still have to pay for corkage fee? If we don't drink all the allowed bottles, can we bring them with us after the trip?

Thanks for the help

Hello!:)

We will take our first cruise end of February 2010 on Oasis of the Seas. I would like to know a little bit more about the wine packages offered by Royal Caribbean. What are the advantages? Can I share one package with my wife or do I have to buy another one? Do we still have to pay for corkage fee? If we don't drink all the allowed bottles, can we bring them with us after the trip?

Thanks for the help

I have bought the wine package on RCI several times. They have three levels that you can buy with each increasing in price and on a 7 day cruise two options for number of bottles. The advantage is that the package will be cheaper than buying the bottles one by one. But you have to pay for the number of bottles in the package. If you like wine at dinner, always buy it and like the choices in your package, it is a good deal.

You can do whatever you want with the bottles including taking it back to your stateroom. So you are free to share with your mate as well as your friends. Since you bought the bottles from the ship, there is no corkage fee. They will store your unfinished bottle for you and have it on your table the next night. I have never not finished the bottles so I am guessing here. Since you bought the bottle from the ship, there should not be any problem with taking an unopened bottle home. However you may run afoul of US Customs (assuming you are from the US and reentering the country). There is a individual US allotment for free import. All the rest is subject to tariffs.

BTW if you are on a ship that has a wine bar, you can get your bottle there as well and drink it where you wish (but not the pool area - no glass).

Archived