is there a difference between the UK and US versions of the cruise contract?

alanswife

Is there a difference between the UK and US versions of the cruise contract? The one that is listed on my cruise personaliser within the princess website makes no reference to a number of items that are commonly referred to on the CC website - for example Gratuites....I am wondering if I am looking in the wrong place?

Also - does anyone know if us UK residents are able to pre-order Internet Access and gain the benefit of 20mins additional, for free. This is not listed as one of the options to pre-order within the UK version of the cruise answer book (which has all prices in £ Sterling). It only mentions drinks packages, flowers, and celebrations packages. Hope someone can help clarify. Thanks in advance!

Is there a difference between the UK and US versions of the cruise contract? The one that is listed on my cruise personaliser within the princess website makes no reference to a number of items that are commonly referred to on the CC website - for example Gratuites....I am wondering if I am looking in the wrong place?

Also - does anyone know if us UK residents are able to pre-order Internet Access and gain the benefit of 20mins additional, for free. This is not listed as one of the options to pre-order within the UK version of the cruise answer book (which has all prices in £ Sterling). It only mentions drinks packages, flowers, and celebrations packages. Hope someone can help clarify. Thanks in advance!

The major differences are that we Brits pay a non refundable deposit with the price set at the time of booking. Whereas I understand that our American cousins have their deposits refunded if they cancel a certain time before sailing, Also if Princess reduce the price of the cruise American cruisers can apply tho have that reduction applied to their booking. As far as the other benefits you mention, we are due to sail with Princess in two months time and are not aware of them.

Cruisebore

Don't panic you can purchase internet minutes in advance. Go to Learn about our cruises on the Princess website, then choose onboard experience, then special services, then gifts, here you will find a telephone number (0845 3555 800 Mon - Fri) then go to communications services and finally you will find the internet packages!!

We intend to do this as it is a much better deal than onboard although we haven't yet.

Hope this helps.

Jo and Rob

Archived