Liberty Returnee's

Lumber

I did not just get off the Liberty, we sailed in Oct. 2009. I had 8 specatular days on her. They had to drag me, kicking and screaming, off the ship. The service provided by the entire staff was tremendous. I can not wait to get back on her. We sailed the Eastern Carribean, HMC, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turks. Short of them comping us the cruise, I don't know what they could have done to make it more pleasurable. You'll have a wonderful time. We had been on the Triumph prior and much prefer the Liberty. We're booked on the Miracle in April and the Valor in September so I'll be able to give better comparisions after that.

rob

She is quite a beautiful ship, and the crew was amazing. It is no wonder they were rated the #1 crew in all of Carnival's fleet in 2009. It truly shows. Our cruise was also a special one because our captain was on his last cruise before retiring.

She is quite a beautiful ship, and the crew was amazing. It is no wonder they were rated the #1 crew in all of Carnival's fleet in 2009. It truly shows. Our cruise was also a special one because our captain was on his last cruise before retiring.

I was on the same cruise! I remember they were saying that it was his last cruise and then retirement. I also had a fantastic week! Only have good things to say about the Liberty.:)

I will be sailing on her in June. But I have sailed her sister ship, the Freedom and very much enjoyed the atmosphere, the layout (except maybe for the dining room in the middle of the ship, but my friend and I always had t good laugh each time we would land on that floor and realize for the 20th time you couldn't go straight through, it almost became a game.)

I don't want to be one of those people who doesn't answer you question and then tells you that you should look at the reviews, so I'll do both and see if it helps you out b/c I didn't know about those before someone told me.

At the top of the page where the yellow line is with the links, at the end is "Reviews." Click and go to member Reviews, then pull down the ship name "Carnival Liberty." You can read all the most recent reviews of people who have been on that ship and then some. Very helpful to my mom who will be cruising for the very first time on the Liberty with me.

I was on the same cruise! I remember they were saying that it was his last cruise and then retirement. I also had a fantastic week! Only have good things to say about the Liberty.:)

You just got off her last week? Or did the samething happen a few months apart? lol..

Also, about the ship, the chandelier in the main atrium is beautiful and something to see, also the sea side theater at night is something to do at least once. also, i found some of the art throughout the ship pretty interesting.

You just got off her last week? Or did the samething happen a few months apart? lol..

Also, about the ship, the chandelier in the main atrium is beautiful and something to see, also the sea side theater at night is something to do at least once. also, i found some of the art throughout the ship pretty interesting.

No I was on the Liberty October 24, 2009, western itinerary. But it was announced that our captain was making his last cruise before retiring.

No I was on the Liberty October 24, 2009, western itinerary. But it was announced that our captain was making his last cruise before retiring.

This is too funny because we were on the Liberty in late Nov and they said it was Captain Gianpaolo Casula's last cruise, he was the Senior Cruise Captain for CCL. Now im not sure why they would say that, but I do recall later in the cruise Butch the CD saying it was his last contract...so who knows...I found this link..but not much for dates.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/carnivaltheblog/archive/2010/01/15/carnival-liberty-s-captain-gianpaolo-casula-retires.aspx

This is too funny because we were on the Liberty in late Nov and they said it was Captain Gianpaolo Casula's last cruise, he was the Senior Cruise Captain for CCL. Now im not sure why they would say that, but I do recall later in the cruise Butch the CD saying it was his last contract...so who knows...I found this link..but not much for dates.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/carnivaltheblog/archive/2010/01/15/carnival-liberty-s-captain-gianpaolo-casula-retires.aspx

This is too weird, we were on Jan 9-16 and they said it was his second-to-last cruise!

At any rate, we love this ship. So much, we are going next January.

You can see my cruise pictures here:

http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/Vacation/Caribbean-Cruise-2010

Was just on the Liberty 1/16-1/23 and Butch (loved him) announced this was Capt. Casula's final voyage..hmmmm. I seem to recall the new captain came on board mid cruise I believe. Can any of my fellow passengers back em up here?

yep- Capt. Casula is now retired. I believe he left the ship while we were in Cayman.

Jean in MO

yep- Capt. Casula is now retired. I believe he left the ship while we were in Cayman.

Jean in MO

He was great, Liberty was the 2nd time we had him on a ship..He was on the Splendor when we were on...we couldnt dock in Grand Turk due to high winds, so we got the announcement we wld receive $25 OBC...Thats fine with me. But then a few hours later the Captain comes on and say he got us in to Nassau for the following day...the best part was we got to keep the OBC also and a port...one of my better cruises...but to be honest the joke onboard was it takes CCL to pays to go back to Nassau. lol :D:rolleyes::D

Hope he sticks round in Cayman for awhile and start retirement off right. ;):D

And to the OP...

You will love the Liberty, she is beautiful, crew was the best, food was good as always..Butch is pretty fun and has a great personality.

I agree with all of the above. And also apologies to the OP for getting off track. Have a great cruise.!

For recent cruisers of the Liberty - what time did self debarkation begin?

I believe it started around 7:45 est.

Also, I'm pretty sure this last cruise 1/16-23, was his last cruise, because our capers had a different captain printed on them starting Friday.

Thanks to the OP for asking this. It was wonderful to read about the Liberty and read how many people loved her!!!!!

Can't wait, on so many levels but one that really stands out is not being able to wait to see my 3 boys'(ages 18, 16, and 13) faces when they walk onto the ship for the very first time. My husband and I are so excited about that moment. Then we are excited for sail away on the Lido Deck. It's just going to be so amazing to see this all through their eyes!!

Archived