Library on the Liberty of the Seas

trippy

Hi Everybody,

My husband and I will be boarding the Liberty on February 21st and I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about the library on board. Can you take out books to read elsewhere on the ship? Are there many books available? Can you just take a book at any time?

Thanks for any advice you can give me, I read a lot and am trying to stick to the luggage restrictions for the airplane!

Pack at least one lightweight paperback, just in case there's nothing in the library to interest you...I've found some might "slim pickings" in there!
I have to agree. I own at least 3xs the number of books housed in a ship's library. Many of the books appear to have been left behind by previous cruisers (which is fine -- in the past, I've purposefully picked up used paperback books with the intention of reading them, then leaving them behind on the ship). Don't count on children's books.

If you're the type who'll devour several books during your vacation, I'd suggest that you pack your own. Personally, I'm thrilled that I now have a Kindle and can tote more books than anyone could read on a single cruise!

My daughter, however, absolutely LOVED that they put out a trivia and puzzle worksheet in the library every day -- and then they put out the answers the next day. Also, the library is an attractive, quiet place to find a moment to yourself.

searching for the thread for Liberty of the seas Royal Caribbean 2/14/2010

If you are looking for a roll call, you are on the wrong board. You want the Royal Caribbean Roll Calls "Meet and Mingle". There is a link at the top of the page.

Archived